Why wouldn't I want a Loop Classic? (if the price was right)

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by ignatius, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

Golf, your sure you had a classic, the one in my pic. I'm a classic reel guy too and its a very fine reel. Would I take it over a seracione, which are priced about the same? No. Would I take either one of them over my soon to be Olson? No. Its all relative and relatively speeking, the Classic is a very nice reel, very nice.

2. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

A loop classic is a nice reel ,But it ain't even in the same league as a saracione!!!

3. dreamonafly

dreamonafly Active Member

You don't know me too well golf.. fishing is my escapes, sorry I don't do substance...I am staying clean.. no influence please..keep it to yourself.. beside what's wrong looking good doing it?

4. Leroy Laviolet

Leroy Laviolet Aint no nookie like chinookie

I had a Saracione and a Loop classic, had to sell one. Sold the Saracione , and I would not change that descision , I love the classic...
    It's all relative to the owner as to which one is "Better" , everyone's definition of better is different, not sure why we even bother to get into it here-
    The better one is up to the individual-
    Buy da loop-

5. dreamonafly

dreamonafly Active Member

Well said..

Ignatius, welcome to this one big happy family...just buy whatever made you feel right..

6. stewart dee

stewart dee Guest

I would buy a bucket of chicken from Ezells first.

7. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

You prick..your getting an Olson??? Drag or clicker pawl?...

and yes I had a classic...but at the same price I picked the sara as well...I love that thing...Sheeit...i've been looking at those olsons too....Man, think a bob clay comes before that though...:)

8. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

Drag, I'm not that classic :)

9. Cougar97

Cougar97 Member

The Classic is a fine reel compared to the others in this thread IMHO, to each his own. I have both a 79 and 58, use the 58 on a 12' 6" echo DH 6wt and it balances fine. I almost feel the 79 is too big for many of the Eastside rivers except for the CW. Never used a Saracione but could never find one for the price a paid for the Classics. Got the 79 for less than $500 and the 58 for $350 both new. I was fortunate to know a dealer that had to blow them out when he closed his shop.
    :beer2:

Tight Lines,
    Cougar97

10. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Active Member

11. Philster

Philster Active Member

I'm not big on red things. But just like the right sports car, I can really enjoy looking at one someone else has. That red classic is mighty pretty. Like I said earlier, If they had higher capacity I would have had the big one a long time ago! Black though...

12. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Active Member

Thanks Philster. The only reason I got the red was it was NIB, one of only one hundred made and $400,
    I had the black one, but traded it. I'll find another black one most likely. I like 'em.

13. Philster

Philster Active Member

That's beyond a no-brainer... That's one of the craziest deals I've heard of for a NIB reel of that quality.

14. ignatius

ignatius New Member

Well I bit the bullet and got a classic 10-13 for under 5 bills ( the most expensive piece of fishing equipment I own) I am waiting for delivery next week. Probably crazy to buy one for that kind of money without trying it out first but figure I can get my money back out of it if I don't like it. Appreciate all the opinions and advice contributed.

15. Cougar97

Cougar97 Member

Nice.......... Almost got the 58 in red, sold right before I got there:beathead: