Win for mining, loss for clean water and taxpayers

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
And the next Standing Rock in 3.2.1
This one is located much closer to you... no excuses this time.

So if we only exist due to natural resources should we not protect them? Seems like common sense...
Protect them doesn't mean don't consume them. Odd thing about folks who rail about not consuming while at the same time enjoy the benefits of doing so.

Politics stuck in Congress, Senate, Supreme Court all voting /ruling based on party lines is ridiculous and killing this country.
Well it's not really that surprising when you consider what basic governing principles and tenets one believes is correct. One is almost forced to vote for the extreme to offset the opposite party and hope they will move towards the middle - well, unless you subscribe to the extremes. I'd love to see a true moderate female candidate come to the forefront but even if we elected such a person, they would have difficulty being effective with the extremes locked into positions throughout the house and senate. I do think term limits are way overdue...are you listening Nancy Pelosi and Orin Hatch?

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
I understand why the mining companies don't want to hold the capital in reserve. But IMHO, if they can't prove they can clean it up, they shouldn't be permitted to start mining.
I like the proposed bill and agree with the change in general. There have been too many examples of us taxpayers having to pay for clean-up. What may be problematic is who determines the clean-up value and what basis is used? If it is perceived as being punitive and a means of limiting extraction industry business as a general principle, then it will be a problem getting approval.

plaegreid

Saved by the buoyancy of citrus
As soon as you start breaking laws you become a rebel and are an enemy of the state.
Rob, "The State" is supposed to serve the will of the people. If the people deem something so harmful that they break laws in protest, the State should step back and look at why a group of citizens has chosen to act as such and perhaps work with said citizen to determine a different course of action, not just mace the shit out of them and keep on going. The state is supposed to serve the people, not the other way around.

Edit: Also, enemy of the state and rebel are not synonymous with law-breaker/protester. Once you say you want to overthrow the entire government and rise to such action, then you become a rebel. Wildly different.

The T.O. Show

Buenos Hatches Ese
When you're only benchmark of good policy is unraveling what the other guy did, this is what you end up with. Stupid legislation that benefits the few while screwing everyone else and the environment to boot. Trump supporters are like an abused dog that keeps getting the shit kicked out of it but still always come back for more. Please suh, may I have another...

GAT

Dumbfounded
If politics has an effect on our sport, then it is within the realm of flyfishing and this forum. That's always been the criteria as I understand it.

Rob... I think you lived in NEO far too long. Some serious redneck rubbed off on you :D Just kidding. I like you regardless of your political bent. ...always have, even on WF.

Salmo_g

UP THE REVOLUTION!!

If the U.S. military was really on the job to protect the American people they would be storming Capitol Hill. Round up Congress, the Administration, EPA Directer, and Wall Street bankers and lobbyists and march them all to a guillotine placed in the Capitol Mall. Let the streets run with blood. America for ALL Americans, not just the 1%.

When you're only benchmark of good policy is unraveling what the other guy did, this is what you end up with. Stupid legislation that benefits the few while screwing everyone else and the environment to boot. Trump supporters are like an abused dog that keeps getting the shit kicked out of it but still always come back for more. Please suh, may I have another...
This.

Half of this country is totally batshit crazy. They have no vision, only greed and the want of personal gain. No big picture, no moral compass, and they don't care what is left for our grandchildren.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater
I am sorry this is all bad wrong.

People with cellphones that cost a hundred bucks a month complaining about how the wealthy control everything.

The government might be out of touch with the people but the people have lost touch with reality.
This be the majority opinion then America is dead.
Rob,
You should maybe someday work in a profession that requires the use of a cell phone to conduct your daily business.
Maybe then you’d understand how stupid your statement is.
SF