Wind And Resident Silvers

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Jonathan Tachell, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Jonathan Tachell

Jonathan Tachell Active Member

The last two outing james and I have managed one resident silver each and I lost one, thats it. Not for a lack of trying or a lack of fish but becasue of the wind. We tried to fish a certain south sound beach on friday evening after work and we were able to scrape up one and lose one at the beach before calling it quits after about 30 minutes of fishing due to the 30mph plus south wind. The same wind that toppled a mobile home on the Narrows bridge a couple hours earlier.

Today, Sunday we took my 18' Tiderunner out and tried to brave the relentless 30mph plus south wind again since it was my only day off this week. James ended up catching the only fish of the morning and after about an hour or so we called it quits as the wind was making it nearly impossible to cast and when we could get on a small school of silvers we were quickly blown out of position. Oh well nothing ventured nothing gained I guess, plus the boat made it back in one piece so that was a bonus.

Attached Files:

James Harrington likes this.
  2. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

You two are quickly becoming this forums fishing fools (and I mean that in a nice way). I called a friend today who has a view of the narrows bridge about conditions and he said... fahghetabowtit. I'm itching to get my new beach rig out for its inaugural trip...maybe tomorrow?

3. James Harrington

James Harrington Active Member

Fools indeed. It was pretty dicey a few times watching Jon tap dance on the bow as were pitching pretty heavily. But, as mentioned, the boat and both anglers made it home so we'll call it a success. Freestone, I have tomorrow and Tuesday off before starting a new job on Wed. Shoot me a PM if you want to stomp a beach.

4. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

James,
    Check your inbox.
    Bill