NFR Wine- Wa or CA

Charles Sullivan

ignoring Rob Allen and Generic
Peeps,

Wifey wants to go wine tasting in Aug. 5 millionth aniversary and all.

Eastern WA or BC. Any cool places to stay - B&B? VRBO?. Her idea of roughing it is no room service or no kitchen. Short drive (able to be cabbed) or walk to wine or music is best. I drink a lot. I don't drink and drive.

Info on bus type tours welcome.

Go Sox,
cds

Vladimir Steblina

Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working
My wife digs the Walla Walla scene. I usually go fishing when she heads there with the ladies. She brings back good wine. Walla Walla Vintners is one to check out for tastings.

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
My wife likes some of the Walla Walla wines. But loves some of the wines in the Yakima valley. We do a yearly tour now. Tons of small micro vineyards. Selah can take you all day alone. I wish I knew the name of service, but they have a bus that drives you tasting room to tasting room. I'm not a wine drinker, so I'm the DD. We've home based at Red's (that way I can go out and sling a line after they pass out lol). Prosser area also has some fantastic micro vineyards too. We still haven't hit them all.

Charles Sullivan

ignoring Rob Allen and Generic
It seems between this post and logan mike's that Wall Walla is the best for wine. I gotta believe that BC (Kelowna) would be prettier, and I'd love to see some more of BC. OTOH, it'd be tough not to stop and fish in BC, simultaneously pissing off the wife.
I'm leaning towards Walla Walla. Any other recomendations for places to stay? Much appreciated peeps.

Go Sox,
cds

Kent Lufkin

Remember when you could remember everything?
Best Western in Walla Walla. Clean, predictable and cheap with an easy walk to downtown so need to drive. No, it's not the Marcus Whitman, but it costs about 75% less.

K

flybill

Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!
I would go to Napa if I was you! So many good wineries and places to stay! If in WA, Walla Walla or Yakima area would be good too.