Status
Not open for further replies.

winston microspey 4 weight,for fast action 5 weight single hand

T 
1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Concrete Angler 
#1 · (Edited)
Musical instrument Wood Wind instrument Writing implement Metal
Tool Rectangle Wood Cosmetics Gas
i am possibly looking to trade my winston microspey 4 weight that has only been used once for a nice 5 weight fast action rod! i am looking for sage one, method, or winston bIIIx in excellent to new condition!

See less See more
#4 ·
I have a Sage One 9' 5 weight but it's not in that pristine shape.

Reactions: NickTIG
#8 · (Edited)
Yes, surprise surprise, I have tried a few. Three that are nice are the Airflo Switch Float 300 grain (I tried the 270 but it seemed light), the Airflo Streamer Switch, also 300 grains works really good, but it's possible the 325 would be good too, especially if you want to throw lead eyed rabbits. (I don't.) Line three was the Rio Switch Chucker 4wt at 325 grains. I bought it for a previous rod but it was too heavy and put it away. Eventually I tried it on the MS 4 and it is a very good match. Just as good as the Airflo lines but is a crossover. Actually, line four is a Scientific Angler Steelhead Taper 7wt. Terrific for indicators and could work in a pinch for dry flies I suppose, but the Switch Float should be better. So, on three spools I currently have the two Airflos and the SAST. I've been a fan of the SAST for quite a while. If I were going to overhead it much I'd go to the 6 wt. The Switch Float overheads well but I leave a couple feet of the head in the guides to lighten it up a bit. I mostly use 2H casts.
If someone wanted to buy and use only one line, the 325 grain Switch Chucker would work very well, especially with some lightweight MOW tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.