Winter has come and gone

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by younggun, Apr 30, 2010.

1. younggun

younggun New Member

No, but if i was going to dead drift i'd do it properly, grab my centerpin, and lamiglas and a piece of bait.

I bought my spey rods to swing.

2. Leroy Laviolet

Leroy Laviolet Aint no nookie like chinookie

Properly according to who? What is wrong with nymphing with a spey ? Why is it not " proper" ? Tell us all -

3. younggun

younggun New Member

Because in my eyes i find it ineffective to think that with a couple bb splitties you can expect to get down in the same places as i can with a piece of pencil lead or 5 magnum split shot. I have a centerpin, and mono mainline, and can roll the presentation down seams and etc. better than i believe you can a indi. fish. Aswell, my casting is also much more efficient and effective in covering the water with a centerpin.

It may not be the 'proper' way in my eyes, but why buy an expenssive spey rod, spey lines, reels, and go and ''bobber'' fish? If its for the 1:1 battle and centerpin is the same thing, they have no drag and no gears. You can fish artificials with gear, if you want too.

I didn't post the comment saying i hate indicator fishermen, nymphing, and such. I do it ALOT for trout, but when fishing steelhead i swing the fly. I did not try to offend anyone. This is my view on the situation, i hope this wont blow up into a large arguement.

Thankyou

4. Leroy Laviolet

I'm going to leave it at this :
    There's a class of jerks out there with a holier than thou attitude that they are better than others because they swing and don't use an indicator . As long as it's legal and ethical it doesn't make two shits how one fishes . This comes up from time to time on these sights . No one is any better or smarter or skilled or anything because he or she swings instead of indicator fishes, it's simply a personal choice made by all anglers to use the method they want to use for whatever reason they choose. Making comments that show elitism by scoffing at an other's chosen ways/techniques to fish is garbage and serves no purpose whatsoever as it only divides the masses . Search "Roots, an essay from steelhead country " on this forum and you'll see what I'm talking about-

BTW, I used to indicate, but now only swing . You won't see me make any comments about it beyond that. I know a steelheader or two who primarily swing but under rare circumstances will use an indicator . The last thing I'd ever do is feel superior to these guys as I could barely carry there jock in the realm of true steelheading - Enough said-

5. stewart dee

stewart dee Guest

Wanted: Popcorn and a Coke with lots of Ice.

6. Leroy Laviolet

NOOOOOO STUUUUUU !! This wont be one of those will it ???? :rofl::rofl::rofl::beathead::beathead::rofl::cool::hmmm:bawling::beer1::ray1:

7. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

I'm one of those upper class jerks that only swing and I am damn proud of it. Deal with it.bawling:

8. Leroy Laviolet

Come on Kerry, you can bring more than that !! :rofl: Lets do a real pissn match! Proud, what the hell 's there to be proud about ??? At least we have in common that we both swing only !!:hmmm::thumb:
    You could say some crap about my momma , That she was a bait slinger or something ...:cool: Talk about how much better swingers are , how much cooler thay are, more conserned with steelhead conservation than everyone else ... :rofl::rofl: How the fish "Deserve better " , an all time bullshit, fave of mine !! Talk about how nymphers don't "get it" and so on ...
    Come on , bring sum....:mad::mad::mad::ray1::ray1::ray1::rofl::rofl::rofl:

9. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Take it easy their Leroy. It's a troll.

If you aren't using an old Sage brownie with a beat up Bougle' and a line chopped out of a DT your're not worthy of anymore.

10. Leroy Laviolet

It was too obvious was it ??!!!:rofl:
    Still, I don't think anyone on the water is any better than the next guy based on the tackle he uses :thumb:

11. ak_powder_monkey

ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

buelah 5/6 switch with a mouse...

12. nutsack angler

nutsack angler newb

meiser 11757, 450 compact skagit, 8-10' of T-8 or T-11, and secret flies that I don't even know about

13. younggun

younggun New Member

Can you beat black/blue?

[​IMG]

14. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

15. _WW_

_WW_ Geriatric Skagit Swinger

Yea...but you're from Sedro Wooley!