Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Winter Lake 2

Swap 
13K views 154 replies 16 participants last post by  Irafly 
#1 ·
It is time for another Winter Lake Swap. The last swap produced some incredible flies. I myself have some new patterns that have produced exceptionally well.

10 or 12 tiers depending on the interest. Tie two of the same pattern or two patterns. Due by Dec 20th. I might be able to get them out by Christmas then.

1. Irafly I'll be getting jiggy with it! DONE
2. McNasty DONE
3. Jim Wallace Stocker Clocker DONE
4. Zen Leecher DONE
5. Troutpocket DONE
6. Gary Knowles 6 Pack Soft Hackle DONE
7. Patrick Gould DONE
8. Travis Bille DONE
9. Bakerite Floating Dragon Nymph DONE
10. Ron McNeal Chironomid DONE
11. Maryfish DONE
12. Jeff Dodd DONE

#97 ·
I should have introduced myself! Duh. I was too worried about waking a baby!
Funny, I assumed that you had based on the way my wife said, "some guy dropped these off this morning". I just thought she forgot your name. No big deal, I'll still fish with your again, but mostly because I'm looking forward to your beer.

#101 ·
Very nice Patrick! Man I can't wait to get the assortment of flies to test out. I think it would be cool if we got a bunch of the swap participants together on a lake and fished ONLY swap flies and compare notes as to the methods and results obtained.

Reactions: McNasty
#103 ·
Unless you live on the West side. Thus the winter swap. I fished Pass this weekend with my pattern and did quite well. I was extremely tempted to take out other peoples patterns from the swap but I know I'd end up losing my patterns before I even sent everyone else out theirs.

I like the idea a lot. Come on over everyone and we will fish Pass, Lone, Munn, Rattlesnake... I'm open.

#104 ·
Maybe toward the end of January? That way we can give people enough time to recover from the holidays and maybe help the eastsiders make it over. I have a spare room (my tying room) that I would gladly offer up if someone needed to crash for the night.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

#110 ·
OK incase you have not heard yet, Patrick and Jim just made it in under the deadline. Mary on the other hand... ? Should we wait for her flies or should I send out tomorrow what I have now?

Make the call folks, I'm cool either way, but that's easy for me to say because I have all your flies and I don't have to wait anymore to use them.

#112 ·
I say send them out on Saturday. Give one extra day. I think she did respond saying she was working on them.....who knows maybe the world ends tomorrow and you won't have to mail anything.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

#116 ·
Alright folks, all the flies are in their packages and ready to be shipped tomorrow (Wednesday the 26th) depending on where you are, you should see them this week! Some are tagged, and some are not. My camera is currently sitting in my mother in laws garage up by pass lake so no photos until I'm able to pick it up (Maybe Thursday). I'll be honest I didn't keep track of everyones flies so after I take the photos, I'll need some of you to pipe up and claim them if you didn't tag. No biggie, but I will pester the heck out of you if you forget.

#122 ·
I believe that I have been showed up several times in this swap. I'd like to say that mine are the best tied on a jig hook, but troutpocket tied a mean looking nymphish thing that I just know will knock fish dead. Looking forward to fishing them all starting Friday!

#126 ·
I believe that I have been showed up several times in this swap. I'd like to say that mine are the best tied on a jig hook, but troutpocket tied a mean looking nymphish thing that I just know will knock fish dead. Looking forward to fishing them all starting Friday!
You fish dem merlot-stained suckas under an indicator, Ira? Is that chopped-down Doctor Spratley looking creation on the jig hook troutpocket's baby? How do you fish that thang? Same as yours?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.