Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Winter Lake 3

Swap 
3K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  Jeff Dodd 
#1 ·
SWAP IS NOW FULL!

This has been too good not to continue! 12 total tiers, two flies of the same pattern. That means you tie a total of 22 of the same pattern.

1. Irafly balance leech
2. Troutpocket
3. Travis Bille
4. Steeli
5. Wayne Kohan
6. dbk
7. Jeff Dodd
8. Obsessed
9. Triploidjunkie
10. Nick Clayton
11. Rod Wittner
12. Bob Newman

#10 ·
Once we have everyone, it will be easier to set a due date, but usually I give it a month. So look to have things done sometime around the 1st of the year. If you start now, that is less than a fly a day, easy!

#11 ·
Shit. Spare time is rare these days, but I guess count me in. Question: Does it have to be two of the exact same? What about eleven of one fly, eleven of another?

#20 ·
Travis. This sounds like a great pattern. Is there a link to a fly recipe you can suggest?

Yesterday I tied John Barr's meat whistle for the first time. I am wondering if these flies are similar. While tying the meat whistle I was thinking it might do well at my local lake.

#28 ·
Finished mine just now. I was going to power through on a full-on Rickards bender but I'd forgotten that tying a decent seal bugger is quite the art project. So after 11 of those, I decided to pay tribute to another great leech-chucker, Tim Lockhart, who professes great affection for all things simiseal.

I figured that Ira and Nick will provide good options for the leech-danglers among us . . .ya know, if you can get past the bobber . . .;)
Insect Arthropod Parasite Invertebrate Close-up

#29 ·
I tied 2 of Ira's Bloodworm pattern with one substitution, liquid lace in place of wire. I like the look of wire but my hope is this will last many many fish.

I filled a liquid lace with mineral oil for the Swap Master, Ira. Ira, only use water based head cement with the liquid lace. It melts. I use wood floor glue. If you need some, I have enough to supply the entire forum with head cement!

I will put them on your porch.

Material property Plant Font Circle Electric blue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.