Winter steelhead fly line

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Lil Hen, Nov 26, 2002.

1. swingin saly

swingin saly New Member

Had a question for all of you

May want to check out a line called the Yancy line, I think Dennis Dickson sells it on his sons website called Streamside Flyshop.com I have used before and it is very effective for winter and summer steelheading. It is a multi tip line and allows you to spey cast a single handed rod! Oh by the way Rio versatip suck, those who fish it, must not realize that the tips don't turnover how they should. No offense just my two cents. Take the time and check this line out, you wont regret it, neither will your arm!!

2. miked

miked New Member

yes the yancy line system is great. i used it on monday and gona pick one up. thanks mike and dennis.

3. Had a question for all of you

Can you tell me more about the Yancy line?

I checked out there Web site for more info,
    but I dont understand, is this a flat mono
    shooting line?

Streamside flyshop sells the multi tip w/o
    sinking heads for $59.99 alot for mono.

" Yancy and Mark came up with the forward
    belly design Dennis improved it with the flat mono
    running line".Is it both?. :CONFUSED

4. Swinger

Swinger Banned or Parked

hi yancy :AA

5. swingin saly

swingin saly New Member

Swinger, I think you have the wrong person! I do know this that the flat mono line does act like a shooting line, you can actually use either a small diameter running line or the mono. This is not expensive compared to the Rio or Airflo lines. It is not the mono that costs the money it is the actual fly line itself. It does work and is effective, if you have never tried it, you should, you will be amazed.

6. Swinger

Swinger Banned or Parked

RE%3A Had a question for all of you

okay. its okay to promote your product but let everyone know that you are yancy so they do know they are getting a biased opinion

7. Luv2Spey

Luv2Spey Member

All of the advice I've read in this thread is good advice, but here's some more... :pROFESSOR. Figure out what your price range is then invest in one of the well-known commercial systems (Airflo, SA, Rio, etc.) recommended here in this thread. Personally, I have Rio, Airflow, and Yancy on my different rods and I like 'em all, but use 'em for different purposes. They each have somewhat different design centers and, as you might expect, their casting characteristics differ accordingly. When you get to know the characteristics of each, you'll have no problem using 'em in the way they were intended.

As you get more and more experience (and knowledge) under your belt you'll probably start doing what many of the folks do in this forum (not me, tho'), and start configuring custom lines tailored to your casting preferences.

Cheers,

Michael

8. MacRowdy

MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Home Page:
    Jim,

We all know what your problem is. You shouldn't even be on the river. You should stay on the bank where the Krispy Kremes are.

MacRowdy