NFR Wish I had ESPN tonight

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by generic, Nov 7, 2013.

1. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

The Duck's mascot is Donald Duck (how they got the rights to use Donald as their mascot from Walt Disney must be an interesting story) but they call it Puddles, not Donald.

2. Porter

Porter Active Member

A redwood tree right?

3. Porter

Porter Active Member

Damn, thats a GGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! for you!:D

4. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

Beats me. Kind'a short for a redwood.

5. PT

PT Physhicist

MLS is tough to watch. Most teams play on field turf which doesn't make for the same game. But, how in the heck can any of you sit down to watch the DUCKS? Blahhhhh!!!

Go Vikings!

6. Mike Ediger

Mike Ediger Active Member

Dave you are getting wiser by the minute. Plenty of room on the wagon, hop on brother!

7. golfman44

golfman44 4-Time Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year

Just stream it online for free.

ducks gonna win by 21+

8. Blake Harmon

Blake Harmon Active Member

Hey Dave, its called a BAR!!! Haha

9. silvercreek

silvercreek Active Member

Stanford's logo is the "El Palo Alto," the 1000 year old redwood for which Palo Alto was named. When you understand the history of the Stanford and the fact that the university was built on Leland Stanford's Palo Alto horse farm, the tree logo makes a lot more sense.

Stanford University's official name is the Leland Stanford Junior University, named after the Stanford's only son who died at age 15. My diplomas say I graduated from a junior university.

http://www.paloaltohistory.com/el-palo-alto.php

"This is the story of California’s oldest living landmark, the tree known as El Palo Alto.

Actually to fully tell that story you have to go back more than 1,000 years. El Palo Alto, the tall redwood that stands near Palo Alto’s northern border has been rooted to that spot for a millennium. It’s an amazing fact to consider. Today tree lovers can walk into a small park on the banks of San Franciscquito Creek and look up at this enormous redwood that was just a small sapling when Leif Ericson first set foot in the Americas. Indeed, El Palo Alto was past 500 years old when Christopher Columbus set sail and it was nearing its 800th birthday in 1769 when most historians believe Don Gaspar de Portola and his band of explorers first “discovered” the tree while looking for Monterey Bay.

A century after the Spanish explorers took note of the tall tree, Senator Leland Stanford settled trotting horses on his new Palo Alto Stock Farm. Later he and his wife Jane founded a university that would model El Palo Alto on its official seal. And as the University Park tract matured around Stanford University, it incorporated in 1894 as the city of Palo Alto."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. generic

generic Active Member

I actually thought of that, but you can't hear anything... and I'm with my kids tonight.

11. generic

generic Active Member

This is a TRAIN WRECK for the PAC 12!!! 17-0 Stanford.

No offense Stanford fans, but I am TIRED of the SEC invitational...I mean the BCS Championship.

Last year (at the time) #1 Alabama (at home) lost to #17 Texas A&M - at home - late in the season. They dropped waaaaay down to 4th in the polls. Wow, that was brutal... :rolleyes: They ended up in the Championship, and won. Nothing against Alabama, it wasn't there fault, they just did their job.

However, in fairness, If #2 Oregon loses to #5 Stanford, at Stanford... by those same "calculations", Oregon should move up to # 1.5

Seriously though, Oregon should drop one spot, maybe two. If it was Alabama, I can almost guarantee that's what would happen. I'll put money on the fact, that Oregon would drop to around #10, and no shot at the title.

12. Patrick Allen

Patrick Allen Active Member

I'm loyal to Benny and Bernice Beaver 1988-1992. Go Stanford

JE likes this.
  13. Porter

Porter Active Member

#6 Baylor kicking asse tonight over #10 Oklahoma....Baylor undefeated and will be jumping up tonight.

14. PT

PT Physhicist

SCREW THE POND CRAPPERS! Lose, and lose big! Maybe they need to hire a different recruiting agency.

15. Kevin J. Burnham

Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

Goooooo Stanford !!! God how I hate the Ducks !!!