Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Wish I had ESPN tonight

NFR 
5K views 61 replies 24 participants last post by  generic 
#1 ·
Man, this could be (may be) the game of the year for the PAC 12. I'm not a fan of either team, although I'm leaning towards Oregon, because I want a PAC 12 team to have a shot at the title.

Don't hate me, but for the sake of the PAC 12.... Go Ducks!

Reactions: Banff Visitor
#49 ·
Wel, one thing in Oregon's favor, the polls haven't caught up with the reality of the issue.

I suspect that the other shoe will fall some time after the big games tomorrow.
Polls don't change until Sunday. When Monday rolls around....look out Ducks

#48 ·
Ducks and Beavers... surely names that strike fear and trembling in the hearts of their foes...:D And add to that the push for "PC" running rampant through the nation's wimps. I'll take Thorfin Skullsplitter, the Yarl of Orkney, or Vlad the Impaler, Edward Longshanks, or Harald Hardrada. Hell, there's even Ivar the Boneless-I'll leave it to you guys to come up with the reason for that moniker, right up there with Ethelred the Unready! Cardinal, Sounders, the Angels, the Rams, Wenatchee Wild...OOOOOO!!!

#55 ·
yeah but Oregon still could have won that game having a 49th play :eek:

Been arond football a lot. I have found that only one statistic counts, and it is not

Conversion percentage of third downs
Number of turnovers or turnover margin
Time of possession
Number of offensive plays
Red zone scoring percentage
Number of first downs
Rushing yardage
etc.

You can lose in all the statistic categories and win the game...and you could also win all the statistical categories and lose the game.

The only statistic that matters is the score.
All you have to have is 1 more point than your opponent and most will take it every single time and in any way.

But the stats help in determining what is needed and targeted for a team to have a successful outcome in most games. ;)

#57 ·
Sorry Dave... I've never like the Duckies. The whole Phil Knight/Nike thing is just too over the top for me. I long for the early 90's when they were the leagues tackling dummies! Not a big Stanford fan either, but Thursday night they were the best ;).

#58 ·
Well, looks like another SEC invitational.

Man, I bet everyone on the planet (except the SEC) wants to see a playoff system like Div 2. There's no such thing as a true champion in Div 1 football, never has been.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.