Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Wish I had ESPN tonight

NFR 
5K views 61 replies 24 participants last post by  generic 
#1 ·
Man, this could be (may be) the game of the year for the PAC 12. I'm not a fan of either team, although I'm leaning towards Oregon, because I want a PAC 12 team to have a shot at the title.

Don't hate me, but for the sake of the PAC 12.... Go Ducks!

Reactions: Banff Visitor
#13 ·
Go Cardinals

Stanford 1962-1973
Then you should know it is the Stanford Cardinal, not Cardinals!

That being said, curiosity got the better of me, so I did some online sleuthing about the origin of the name "Cardinal" which refers to the red color, not the bird, only to find that, when they abandoned "Indians," in favor of the word for their red color, they were erroneously called "Cardinals" for nearly a decade before someone realized the English was incorrect and the 's' was dropped.

While I think it would be a fabulous game to watch, I'm with PT in preferring to watch the Sounders vs. Timbers.

D

#8 ·
#26 ·
This is a TRAIN WRECK for the PAC 12!!! 17-0 Stanford.

No offense Stanford fans, but I am TIRED of the SEC invitational...I mean the BCS Championship.

Last year (at the time) #1 Alabama (at home) lost to #17 Texas A&M - at home - late in the season. They dropped waaaaay down to 4th in the polls. Wow, that was brutal... :rolleyes: They ended up in the Championship, and won. Nothing against Alabama, it wasn't there fault, they just did their job.

However, in fairness, If #2 Oregon loses to #5 Stanford, at Stanford... by those same "calculations", Oregon should move up to # 1.5

Seriously though, Oregon should drop one spot, maybe two. If it was Alabama, I can almost guarantee that's what would happen. I'll put money on the fact, that Oregon would drop to around #10, and no shot at the title.

#33 ·
This is a TRAIN WRECK for the PAC 12!!! 17-0 Stanford.

No offense Stanford fans, but I am TIRED of the SEC invitational...I mean the BCS Championship.

Last year (at the time) #1 Alabama (at home) lost to #17 Texas A&M - at home - late in the season. They dropped waaaaay down to 4th in the polls. Wow, that was brutal... :rolleyes: They ended up in the Championship, and won. Nothing against Alabama, it wasn't there fault, they just did their job.

However, in fairness, If #2 Oregon loses to #5 Stanford, at Stanford... by those same "calculations", Oregon should move up to # 1.5

Seriously though, Oregon should drop one spot, maybe two. If it was Alabama, I can almost guarantee that's what would happen. I'll put money on the fact, that Oregon would drop to around #10, and no shot at the title.
They also consider who you've beaten not just who you have lost too.

#31 ·
Like Dave Kaiserman said above. This is a train wreck for the Pac-12. I'm rooting for Stanford, but I'm also tired of hearing about the SEC. If the current score holds up, they'll both be out of the championship hunt. Hopefully Bama, Florida State, Ohio State & Baylor will have a late season loss to make things interesting

#39 ·
I didn't see the game, but from all that I heard, Stanford's D wasn't suppose to be that good - not good enough to stop OU's offense anyway.

I think some eyes might be glaring at the O.C. of the Ducks.

But, Stanford gets to ask..."Who's your daddy?"

#43 ·
I didn't see the game, but from all that I heard, Stanford's D wasn't suppose to be that good - not good enough to stop OU's offense anyway.

I think some eyes might be glaring at the O.C. of the Ducks.

But, Stanford gets to ask..."Who's your daddy?"
Ducks offense played fine besides turnovers.

It was Oregon's d that lost it. Check time of possession and it explains everything

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.