Wodinvile/Bothell area

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by young fly fisherman, Aug 11, 2002.

1. young fly fisherman

young fly fisherman New Member

Thank you gary and jack for all your help. I update this after i go and tell you how it was.I alos heard about a lake not to far from maltby called Devils/Lost lake that has some fat cutts and they take well to chrimond emergers. I'll also tell you about that after I go.I 've you want some infromation on Lost/devils lake go to Washingtonlakes.com and click on Devil/Lost Lake. Relase many, Keep few! THANKS!!!!!

2. Rob Blomquist

Rob Blomquist Formerly Tight Loops

Woodinvile/Bothell area

The Sammamish River is open for fishing during the summer. It was opened by a guy I know petitioning the state for the access. I understand that it has trout in the cooler reaches, say down stream of major tributaries in the summer. I would check out the mouths of Bear, Swamp, Little Bear and the like. I tried once last summer and all I saw were dinks.

3. young fly fisherman

Woodinvile/Bothell area

Really I do know there is bass in the northern part of the slough I myself saw what looked like 4lb bass. Do people ecautlly catch trout there?

JON :BIGSMILE

4. Gary B

Gary B New Member

Woodinvile/Bothell area

I Have caught lots of trout in the slough, and white fish, especially by the mouths of the creeks. but I would check the regs, I know there are times it is closed esp. during the salmon runs.

Gary

5. jackchinook

jackchinook Member

Woodinvile/Bothell area

Hey Tightloops, so you know the guy who petitioned WDFW to keep the slough open for C&R? I believe we know the same person. Does he (Jim?) take part in this forum at all under some alias? Just found it interesting as a guy I know claimed to have pestered one of the local biologists sufficiently to get the rules changed a bit. Same guy?

jack

6. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

So, how does a 13 year old get around to fish? Is someone taking you to the lakes?

Now is a hard time to catch trout in stillwater unless it's real early or at dusk to dark. It's been too hot and the local lakes are real warm right now.

What kind of equipment do you have? Tube? Waders, fins?

Some times, like now it's good to take up tying or rod building. In another month things will pick up and trout will be feeding to get ready for winter.

Have you tried Silver Lake? I live close and often pick up two or three fish there. Nothing big, a 3 or 4 weight works well.

7. young fly fisherman

Well yeah every once in a while my dad takes me somewhere to fly fish, but not a enough. When I get a car I plan to go every day. My mom and I are thinking about doing the glacier, Yellowstone thing next year. I do have a tube, wadding shoes, wadding socks, fins but not wadders. I'm planing to get some wadders soon. I do have a little fly tying kit but I can't quite figure it out. Never been to sliver lake , where is it?

Jon :COOK

8. Gary B

Gary B New Member

If you follow the Bothell Everett highway north past Mill Creek the next town is Sikver Lake and you will come to silver lake before the town, it is a fair sized lake there is also Martha lake up off 164th before the freeway, both have decent fishing, esp. when the water cools alittle.

Gary

9. young fly fisherman

Thanks again gary!!

10. miker

miker New Member

Dude,
    Just drive out to the I-90 and hit the SNoqualmie River (all three forks - middle open year round) past North Bend and have at it. It's fishing great now and a great place to learn. Some nice cuts and bows there - 8 to 10 inces and the occasional 12+.

11. alpinetrout

alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Since he said he's 13, driving might not be such a good idea...

12. young fly fisherman

Woodinvile/Bothell area

Thanks