NFR Woeful Mariners

They've been in existence for many years Have they ever made it out of the first round.
I believe so. I think the year that they one over 100 games and had the best record in baseball. If I remember correctly, they lost to the Yankees in the American League Championship Series, winner went to World Series.

KerryS

Ignored Member
Looking forward to watching the Houston Boston series. I might watch some of the Cleveland New York series. Mostly I just hope the Indians destroy the yankees.

Cubbies over the Nationals and Dodgers over the Diamondbacks.

IveofIone

Cubbies over the Nationals and Dodgers over the Diamondbacks.
Kerry, I see no favorite in the National League. Any one of those 4 teams could easily win it. Hopefully either the Astros or the Indians will represent the American League. Things will get good if Boston and New York are eliminated early.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Wasn't it many eons ago the Seattle got their first major league team. They played one year in Sick Stadium. The next year they ended up in Milwaukee.

KerryS

Ignored Member
Actually their hitting wasn’t that bad if looked at in its totality. The problem with their hitting was consistency. Their pitching sucked for sure. They did the fundamentals horribly. Base running sucked. Fielding was poor with bad decisions like attempting to throw out runners while allowing trailing runners to move up. All this points to crapping coaching as far as I am concerned. That and it was known by all they needed pitchers so what does Dipoto do? Passes on three top tier pitchers and comes home with Ramirez at the trade deadline. So much for making a run at a wild card.

nb_ken

Jose Altuve. The son of a bitch. You can't get him out. I can't root for him.

On the other hand, BoSox get creamed. Oh No!!!!! :)