Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Yakima Dilemma

1K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Manwell Lotion 
#1 ·
I will be fishing Saturday but really really want to take my little girl down there with me. My problem is that I only have a one man pontoon, and a car with no trailer hitch. My best friend is willing to let me use his raft but I have no way to get it down there and back.
I was wanting to pick your guys brain on any hidden options out there. I though about renting a boat but reds wants my left testicle for it. Also though about renting a uhaul truck but I do not think I can afford that either.
If I had a frameless two person I could just either put it on my car or deflate and roll in the back seat. Worst case scenario is I am fishing on my own but am really wanting to get my little princess out there.
Looks like Catchercraft has rentals too so that may be an option. The upside is I have been extremely interested in there 1salt steelhead toon to replace my 9ir.

#6 · (Edited)
Daniel, if she's not too big, you could just put a piece of plywood across the bow or stern and have her ride there. Cut/drill holes in the corners of the plywood for straps. If you have an extra seat or can borrow one, you could mount it to the plywood.

Here's a shot of a quick set-up I made for a buddy. He wanted to borrow my 8' pontoon to take his visiting 4 yr old granddaughter fishing. It was a small lake so I only used 1 strap/side but on a river, I'd anchor a 4 corners. The seat was on a swivel but a fixed seat or stadium seat would work to. You will need to slide your frame fore/aft to trim the boat for her added weight but if you set her up front, the stuff on the cargo deck may balance you out.

Water Plant Water resources Boat Plant community

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.