Yakima Summer Stone and/or Terrestial Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by ozcast, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

After tying a few bullet heads, full foamies and a monster chernobyl I opted to mass produce a multi layer foam grasshopper...went brown since CLO is going green. Included a few of my prototypes in the box for the swapmeister including one you could lift your anchor with. I sure found the foam and rubber legs to be a challenge but easier than many other materials I've been tying with. Thanks for hosting. I sent enough for the swap to fill. If it does not fully fill, keep some extras or send them back. I had to get these off my bench before the Hoh weekend. I might be on anti-fish related lockdown upon my return... SASE enclosed for the return trip. Anyone else DONE yet?

2. ozcast

ozcast Active Member

Thanks Mumbles...hope she fills up. Ive tied 6 so far. can't wait to see the bugs. I will send your extras back to you, if it doesn't fill up, but will enjoy the prototypes. Ill send you some of my own.

3. Ed Call

Cool Oz, my box has lots of prototypes and I fish them plenty. I can't believe that more tyers have not jumped onto this swap...high floating big fish catching flies will make your heart race, right?

4. CLO

CLO It's not the fly, you suck.

You're already done??? Awesome. I better get started..

Lets see a picture!

5. Ed Call

I had been tinkering with some over the past couple of weeks between tying other flies. Add that to not sleeping much and not being able to fish (until late yesterday evening) and I had some tied up. Using the rotary vise really helped in the weaving or lashing of the fly layers to the hook. So, yep, I'm done, so get to tying! I'll try to post a photo of one when I get home tonight if I can...lots of truck cleaning and gear packing to do before heading to the Hoh.

6. CLO

CLO It's not the fly, you suck.

Damn, you got your flies done a month ahead of time. I still need material..

we still need some spots filled up

7. ozcast

ozcast Active Member

yeah, come on people!!!

8. Ed Call

Did you see the thread on courtesy for a fly swap? I can't be tagged as a slacker!

People, join in. I for one will tell you that my flies are rocking. Maybe the best set of flies I have tied. I might have to mess with foam and rubber more. These things WILL entice lunker trout that lurk waiting to pounce on meaty bugs. If you are disappointed with my fly I'll buy you a beer (while bashing you publicly for not being able to catch fish on such a good looking hopper).

9. colton rogers

colton rogers wishin' i was fishin'

i would love to see a picture of your flies :D

10. P.E.I fish finder

P.E.I fish finder Member

just wondering where i would have to ship the flies?

Logan

11. ozcast

ozcast Active Member

I will PM you my address if/when you join the swap.

12. P.E.I fish finder

P.E.I fish finder Member

ok well this will be my first swap. it wont be to expensive to ship them to u will it? i live in canada as well so...
    i've heard of people getting denied the swap because of they in canada. No hard feelings if u want to keep it in the us.

13. ozcast

ozcast Active Member

No idea on the cost. I dont mind shipping back to you, but you should go to your local post office to get a rate. Got Mumbles flies today, and...well.....they are absolutly perfect! Just to let everyone know, just for his fly alone, this swap is worth joining! Super buggy!! I see many 18" rainbows in my future. Honestly people...I think mine are pretty sweet (been tying pro. for 14 years), and Mumbles are WAY cool....Help us fill up, you will be happy with what you get back.

14. P.E.I fish finder

P.E.I fish finder Member

15. PEI.Salar.Salmo

PEI.Salar.Salmo New Member

Count me in! Me and TF might work something out to get them to you (We live right by each other). I'll most likely tie a Yellow Sally Stone Fly But I'll let you know later. I have to get some stuff but should have them out to you but lets say the 10th of April.

Nic