Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Yakima Summer Stone and/or Terrestial Swap

Swap 
16K views 213 replies 10 participants last post by  Steelhead 
#1 ·
The flies that you throw under tree limbs on a 90 deg day that make a big "splat", that could float a downrigger ball. Doesn't have to be a Stone or hopper, but the inbetween flies that could represent anything that would fall out of the brush. Examples: Madam X, chernobyl, turners bank robber, etc....Basically rubber legs, foam, deer and elk hair stuff. Also, I have read the complaints about people not getting thier flies back, so here is my solution: If you send me $5, I will UPS your flies to you and PM you the tracking number, so there will be no "lost in the mail" issues. Im thinking 12 persons max, since these are not quick to tie. April 25th deadline. If I get all the flies by the 25th, I will ship on the 27th, and PM you your tracking numbers that evening.
Anyone interested?

Thanks,
Jason

1. Jason (ozcast) - Bullet head summer stone (tan)
2. Kim Ferris - Recvd
3. CLO - foam hopper - Recvd
4. Sean K - Stimulator - Recvd
5. Mumbles - Brown foam hopper - Recvd.
6. P.E.I Fish Finder - Black Beetle - Recvd.
7. PEI. Salar.Salmo - Yellow Sally - out
8. Colton Rogers - Recvd.
9. Arthur - Chernobyl - Recvd.

See less See more
#60 ·
i already said i tied it on a size 2 because i knew i was going to take pictures of it. i tie my terrestrials on size 8 usually 2x long or 3x long hooks. I WILL JOIN THE SWAP AND TIE SOME BUGS. is it still 12 flies each? what size hooks do you prefer and i'll tie them up. if you don't tell me i already said what your gonna get.

this is my first swap, ive been tying since about last October, and tying with a vise since about November. how i started fly tying is wierd, how i started fly fishing- i wanted to fish my flies. which came first the fly or the pole?

#69 ·
what size hooks are those on? how do you want us to send them to you, i was looking at a Altoids tin but i don't think i want to sent 6 Altoids tins to you :D

no i feel embarrassed your flies rock, ive got a little lake that ive wanted to try since November and im counting down the days till it opens. these flies will hopefully bring me some fish there or on the YAK!!!!!

#70 ·
Those are a size 6 hopper hook. (wider gap than the 200R) Can you fit all 12 in the altoids box? you can also send a small fly box, and I'll put your new flies in it and make sure it gets back to you. I will PM you the shipping info. Has everyone got the shipping address so far? If not please let me know...Thx

#96 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.