Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Yakima Summer Stone and/or Terrestial Swap

Swap 
16K views 213 replies 10 participants last post by  Steelhead 
#1 ·
The flies that you throw under tree limbs on a 90 deg day that make a big "splat", that could float a downrigger ball. Doesn't have to be a Stone or hopper, but the inbetween flies that could represent anything that would fall out of the brush. Examples: Madam X, chernobyl, turners bank robber, etc....Basically rubber legs, foam, deer and elk hair stuff. Also, I have read the complaints about people not getting thier flies back, so here is my solution: If you send me $5, I will UPS your flies to you and PM you the tracking number, so there will be no "lost in the mail" issues. Im thinking 12 persons max, since these are not quick to tie. April 25th deadline. If I get all the flies by the 25th, I will ship on the 27th, and PM you your tracking numbers that evening.
Anyone interested?

Thanks,
Jason

1. Jason (ozcast) - Bullet head summer stone (tan)
2. Kim Ferris - Recvd
3. CLO - foam hopper - Recvd
4. Sean K - Stimulator - Recvd
5. Mumbles - Brown foam hopper - Recvd.
6. P.E.I Fish Finder - Black Beetle - Recvd.
7. PEI. Salar.Salmo - Yellow Sally - out
8. Colton Rogers - Recvd.
9. Arthur - Chernobyl - Recvd.

See less See more
#98 ·
3 more spots and i have 2 more flies to tie.my first swap and spots can't get filled. the other swaps people are sayin "sign me up if there is still room"
i don't understand the flies look great, and hell you can tie a madame X if you want and there just about the easiest pattern there is. people it is terrestrials and stones. but a salmon fly would work, so would a frog, or a stimulator or the stimulator variation the pillow cushion or some weird name like that

#104 ·
Got yours today Colton. Great job!!! Super Buggy. I like the legs alot, no way anyone could tell that they were giving you grief, to be honest, I will be copying your design for my own box, so please allow me to Thank you for the new idea. Thanks for the extras as well, I will send you a couple of my prototypes.
I want to thank everyone for the time you are all putting into this swap. Everyone has has really put in a top notch effort. It is easy to see by what I am getting that you all are putting you brains to work and thinking like a trout, and not to mention, putting in some time at the vice. NO SLACKERS HERE!!! All of you have raised the bar on what a fly swap can and should be. All of you who are new at tying should feel very proud on what you have submitted! Those who have been at it a while will be inspired by some fresh new ideas and great new patterns. Again, Thank you everyone. Even if it dosn't fill up I wont be bummed out.....but since everyone has sent me 12 flies.......HELP US FILL UP!!!!!! ONLY 3 MORE SPOTS TO GO!!!!!! C'MON TIERS!!!!!!

#108 ·
so i went upstairs to the vise - found the elk hair, floss, hackle, legs, flash, calf, pattern... is there something missing here? yes!!! i used the last of my larger hooks on the skwala swap:beathead: so... tomorrow i'll be trudging off to the local sportmans to get a couple packages of hooks. grrrr.

k

#119 ·
i'm in downtown DC near the capitol -- ok place, but not so good for getting people to join the forum. now the other trip i take out here is in maryland where there is some good water, and i've seen and talked with a few people and have another one of my seven 'local' fly shops (hunting creek, frederick). i'll be taking my 4-piece/4wt when i travel during the summer.

yes, i consumed an attitude adjuster. k

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.