Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Yakima Summer Stone and/or Terrestial Swap

Swap 
16K views 213 replies 10 participants last post by  Steelhead 
#1 ·
The flies that you throw under tree limbs on a 90 deg day that make a big "splat", that could float a downrigger ball. Doesn't have to be a Stone or hopper, but the inbetween flies that could represent anything that would fall out of the brush. Examples: Madam X, chernobyl, turners bank robber, etc....Basically rubber legs, foam, deer and elk hair stuff. Also, I have read the complaints about people not getting thier flies back, so here is my solution: If you send me $5, I will UPS your flies to you and PM you the tracking number, so there will be no "lost in the mail" issues. Im thinking 12 persons max, since these are not quick to tie. April 25th deadline. If I get all the flies by the 25th, I will ship on the 27th, and PM you your tracking numbers that evening.
Anyone interested?

Thanks,
Jason

1. Jason (ozcast) - Bullet head summer stone (tan)
2. Kim Ferris - Recvd
3. CLO - foam hopper - Recvd
4. Sean K - Stimulator - Recvd
5. Mumbles - Brown foam hopper - Recvd.
6. P.E.I Fish Finder - Black Beetle - Recvd.
7. PEI. Salar.Salmo - Yellow Sally - out
8. Colton Rogers - Recvd.
9. Arthur - Chernobyl - Recvd.

See less See more
#150 ·
oz first absolutely. just sent the recipe to oz, am done with nine. don't know why but these seem to take forever. for my part, just take the remainder and distribute evenly and randomly. one man's lottery loser is another persons winner, it's just too hard to figure and there's no point to it.

k

#162 ·
Eight awesome high floating super jumbo bugs for attracting big trout is not a bad thing. Getting a chance to get an extra or two is also grand. Sorry to lose you Nic, but the beat goes on.

Colton, what do you know about "genuine draft" and the beer chugging smiley?

#171 ·
Jason how is the draft going to work exactly? I ask because i have seen some patterns that have been tied for this swap, but there are a few we have not seen yet so I ask if u could put thumb pics on a thread so everyone can make their stake at what fly they want.

#172 ·
All I can say is if it is first to be done first to draft Sean K's extra is coming my way. That bug is SICK. If it is random, cool. I'm still just glad to have gotten in an gotten it done!

#173 ·
So it looks like we'll have 4 extra flies from each person which would be 4 rounds to "draft" them. Or we can just have ozcast mix up the extras and randomly distribute them which might be easier. I have some favorites in this swap but it's mostly about what my fly box needs to be properly stocked not about tying skills, all of the flies are good and will catch fish for sure.

#174 ·
I got PEI's flies. Sweet beetle. I think that will be the "under tree" fly of choice. Everyone's are in now. So...i think this is how you all want the draft....We pick by who go thier flies in first right? I will post pisc tonight and have a list of how the order will go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.