NFR Yard/garden Thread 2017

bakerite

Our garden is more of a riot. Carved out of field grass with cardboard and lots of grass and weed pulling. [GALLERY=media, 44154]garden in the winter by bakerite posted Jun 26, 2017 at 10:36 AM[/GALLERY]Right now there is water everywhere, irrigation season, so I haven't watered yet. The poppies and lupine really came into their own[GALLERY=media, 44153]Poppies by bakerite posted Jun 26, 2017 at 10:33 AM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 44152]Lupine by bakerite posted Jun 26, 2017 at 10:31 AM[/GALLERY] Here is one more shot[GALLERY=media, 44151]Columbine by bakerite posted Jun 26, 2017 at 10:28 AM[/GALLERY] and last years project made out of native rock and sweat![GALLERY=media, 44150]native rock patio by bakerite posted Jun 26, 2017 at 10:20 AM[/GALLERY]

Last edited:

BobbyZ

alright...tearing up a part of my garden this week because of a contractor coming in to tear up the area. Getting rid of my cold weather veggies that have bolted. What are some favorites to be planting now? Trying to keep tomatoes and peppers out of the area.

alright...tearing up a part of my garden this week because of a contractor coming in to tear up the area. Getting rid of my cold weather veggies that have bolted. What are some favorites to be planting now? Trying to keep tomatoes and peppers out of the area.
Short season beans, peas, squash, radishes, watermelon radishes, herbs.

I just potted up 30+ basil plants and then potted another 90 starts. I like making pesto and give it as gifts all summer. I freeze dry basil for winter.

Even carrots can still go in. Just pull em small.

Urban dweller, repairing older irrigation system. Six breaks in the line, five man made, three by me. Done, then reseeded the lawn, topped w/peat moss. Tore out 60 feet of Laurel hedge and replanted. Well, I managed the hedge work anyway. You Kno, saving myself, for stuff I'm good at, once I find it.

IMG_20170620_202234.JPG
Put these in early last year, glad i took the pic few weeks ago! Next morning heavy rain, then hot sun! Next day heavy winds! They only looked good for a week!
IMG_20170620_202337.JPG
Infinity pool birdbath i made at work last year in spring! Woodpeckers are among many birds that use it, hard to get a pic of the woodpeckers, they have 5-7 sips quickly then fly off!