Yarnies - Love or Hate?

really don't care...don't use 'em for steelhead (although just might now so that lots of uppity TH guys can NOT say anything to me on the river, but be seething inside), use 'em (small size) for trout and whitefish on occasion and they work great when trout or whitefish are feeding on eggs.

Charles Sullivan

ignoring Rob Allen and Generic
the plug, spin and glo, bead/worm combo rig makes me wonder why some people say fly fishing is complicated....
Also expensive! I have spent so much more money to fish with gear and I've only been at it a bit. The boat alone was way more, plus the motors....sweet Jesus the motors.

Of all the types of flyfising, steelhead flyfishing may be the simplest and that may be why I love it most. It's simplicity really helps me to truly be away from it all.

Go Sox,
cds

yes like the Ameoba the yarnie crawled out of the ooze and onto land and eventually became a hairwing. its just a matter of where on the evolutionary level you want to fish.

well, if you want to play that game, your hairwing in turn evolved into a ji...I mean Intruder...your long-belly into a Skagit...etc etc etc...