Yesterday on the Skagit

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by miyawaki, Jan 21, 2014.

1. _WW_

_WW_ Fishes with Wolves

January used to be for working the hatchery hole with gear and tying flies for spring. As Salmo says the only reason to fish it now in January is because it closes before the thousands - yes! -thousands! of native steelhead show up... Occupy Skagit

Occupy Olympia Commissioners Meeting April 12th 2014

2. Charles Sullivan

Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

Home Page:
    Fished with a friend on Friday. It was a beautiful day on the water. At times it felt like a Vitamin D bong hit. The effects of the sun going directly to my head. There were a number of people that I knew on the water which made the day even more enjoyable. Although the fishing is spotty at best in January, we all need to get our Skagit fix. The day was a bit like a class reunion. Some anglers had hooked a few in the last couple weeks wich gave me more hope, not only for today but for the future. The day ended with me listening to 3 biologists discuss the potential for a spring season.

Some of the water felt so perfect to swing through that I was actually surprised not to hook fish even knowing that the run had literally just started and there is only fraction of the run in the river. As the day went on, I could not help but think how I wish it were March or April. I could be fishing multiple days with an optimism and excitement for fishing a river that can only be matched by a few BC rivers. The weather is so much nicer that I could possibly share it with my daughters. There is a feeling of determination that characterizes fishing the Skagit in January and February. March and April give the feelings of optimism, hope, and calm. Occupy Skagit.

Go Sox,
    cds

3. Andrew Lawrence

Andrew Lawrence Active Member

I was fortunate enough to hook up yesterday. (To be honest, it was more dumb luck than anything.) How I wish the C&R season was still an option.

SSPX00911.jpg

4. miyawaki

miyawaki Active Member

We will have a C&R season soon - Occupy Skagit II Mar.29

Leland.

Andrew Lawrence likes this.
  5. Upton O

Upton O Blind hog fisherman

Home Page:

There it is.

6. LD

LD Active Member

Kooool! Wish I could pick-up spey casting in an hour.

7. Randall Clark

Randall Clark Active Member

That right there is what it's all about...