Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Yockum Lake

527 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  mwm772 
#1 ·
Has anyone on this board ever fished Yockum Lake before?
It's a small lake (maybe 70 acres) in the Selkirk Mountains of N/E Washington. It's just east of the Pend O'Reille River, and maybe 10-15 miles south of Sullivan Lake. It am familiar with the area, and realize there are Grizzlies and Cougars, but I also hear there are cutthroat trout in the water, and have never fished it. I'm going to try it tomorrow, and would appreciate any and all input. Thanks in advance!
Lotech Joe

#3 ·
Lotech-

You'll really enjoy Petit. It has a good population of Cutts in it, although they don't run very large. They are good healthy fish. I was up there early in the summer and had a great time. The fall colors should be kicking in for a little bonus for your trip. Post a report and let us know how you made out.

Marc

#4 ·
LJ-

I fished Yocum earlier in the summer and didn't do too bad. It is not the easiest lake to get into, but if you have a rig with at least some ground clearance you shouldn't have any problems. I found most of the larger fish 14-18" on the north end of the lake. It gets pretty deep on that end. The only boat launch is on the south end and it is kind of primitive. You can launch car toppers and canoes from the north end.

Check out the Lake Index at www.washingtonlakes.com
It has some information on it, photo and a map of the lake. When you get back from your trip, log back on to Wash. Lakes and fill out a lake report.

It is a very nice lake and you should have a good time. Let us know how you did. Good Luck :THUMBSUP

Marc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.