Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

You know you're getting old(er), when...

3K views 64 replies 42 participants last post by  generic 
#1 ·
So.... The other day, when I was wrestling around with one of my little ones, they stopped, looked at me, and asked (what I use think was a dreaded question), "Daddy, are you old?"

I immediately asked myself, "What brought that on? Did I let out a whimper just now, when they jumped off the couch (knees first) onto my back? Is there a gray hair on my head I can't see?" So I've been asking myself, "Am I old?" The answer: I'm as old as I feel. Which means, some days I feel younger than usual. :p

So I ask you guys. Complete the following sentence:

You know you're getting old, when....

You know you're getting old, when you see a hottie at the mall and ask yourself, "Hmm... I wonder what her mom looks like?"

#3 ·
You have to ask your kids to show you how to check your email or voicemail to see what you needed to remind yourself.

#27 ·
You can tell whether you're 'Old' by simply looking down at your wrist. If you're wearing a wristwatch, you'd Old.

Why? Young people don't wear watches. When they want to know what time it is, they pull out their smartphones.

K

#28 ·
Or when you go skinny water fishing, you try not to have to get wet. You can say "It's fine fishing from the bank"

On another note. I have yet to step into a stream yet this summer. All my fishing has been from the bank. Most of the places I have been fishing are small skinny water. No need to wade. I can hit the other bank from the side I'm standing on. And yes, there are fish in them waters.

#30 ·
You kick off sentances with:

"Kids these days are up to no good...."
"Get your ball out of my yard..."
"Look at those at-risk teens...." (usually in reference to any teenagers)
"Let me see if I can find that record, I know it's here somewhere..."
"I better go, this is a long distance call"
"Betty and i took some great slides in Aculpulco, how bout you and Nancy come over for a casserole and a slide show?"

or you know where this came from or have had similar conversations with friends:

FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:I was happier then and I had nothin'. We used to live in this tiny old house with great big holes in the roof.
SECOND YORKSHIREMAN: House! You were lucky to live in a house! We used to live in one room, all twenty-six of us, no furniture, 'alf the floor was missing, and we were all 'uddled together in one corner for fear of falling.
THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:Eh, you were lucky to have a room! We used to have to live in t' corridor! (etc etc)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.