Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

You know you're getting old(er), when...

3K views 64 replies 42 participants last post by  generic 
#1 ·
So.... The other day, when I was wrestling around with one of my little ones, they stopped, looked at me, and asked (what I use think was a dreaded question), "Daddy, are you old?"

I immediately asked myself, "What brought that on? Did I let out a whimper just now, when they jumped off the couch (knees first) onto my back? Is there a gray hair on my head I can't see?" So I've been asking myself, "Am I old?" The answer: I'm as old as I feel. Which means, some days I feel younger than usual. :p

So I ask you guys. Complete the following sentence:

You know you're getting old, when....

You know you're getting old, when you see a hottie at the mall and ask yourself, "Hmm... I wonder what her mom looks like?"

G
#62 ·
When the alarm goes off at three a.m. you shut it off, and say to yourself, "I don't really need to get up this early to catch fish (or shoot some birds)" , "I'll just roll in there about ten and show those damn kids whats really up". And I do sometimes. A lifetimes experience and knowledge lets me sleep a little easier these days. ;)

#64 ·
You know that you are old when the only photographs that exist from your childhood are in black and white.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.