you know you've got a problem....

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Creatch'r, May 21, 2009.

1. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

I know what ya mean when ya find a stash you had forgotten.
    I was looking for some spin gear for a fishing trip with the grandsons when I came across a small bag with 4 packs of 9' leaders, two spools of 3X, two of 2X, and one 0X.
    Just like Christmas all over again.

2. Chris Puma

Chris Puma hates waking up early

Good haul! The unopened bag of protein powder is hilarious.

I found a pretty good haul in my dry bag yesterday but I can't really talk about it...

3. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

I remember defrosting the freezer and finding a big bag of dirt weed and another bag of peyote buttons. No idea where they came from. Party time.

4. Jeff Dodd

Jeff Dodd Active Member

Sean - You think it's bad now... wait until you someday are married and you never take a store receipt and stash the stuff immediately upon entering the garage. Then it's a damn treasure hunt the night before your next fishing trip.

When will the fly shops learn to NOT put their logo on the bags. That's just asking for interrogation! simple brown paper bag is all that's needed.

5. Chester Allen

Chester Allen Fishing addict and scribbler

Home Page:
    I know things are getting bad for me when I tie up a dozen flies -- say, for the evening caddis hatch on the Deschutes -- and then, when I go to stash them in my vest, I find two different boxes that already have a row or two of the same fly....

Is this how it's gonna be from now on? I'm only 48! Have four decades of fishing corroded my mind that much?

6. jcnewbie

jcnewbie Member

Nahh....it's the salt that causes corrosion of the mind, Chester.....just the salt.....no worries, an occasional rinse of fresh water will cure it....!! :rofl::rofl:

Jc :beer2: