Your an a-hole

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by StiffLegged Van Rossi, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Josh

Josh dead in the water

That's what one gets for fishing down at the hatchery down by the mouth of whatcom creek. You couldn't pay me to deal with those jackholes. Bunch of angry jerks snag fishing and yelling at each other.

I fish to have fun, not to get angry. If I wanted to get angry, I'd work at a job where I had to commute every day.

2. Bob Martin

Bob Martin Member

Years ago I was steelhead fishing in the Sammamish Slough, which by the way was a fair-to-middling stream for metalheads in the 60's. I caught and kept a nice bright 12 lb. hen and carefully placed it in the short grass on the bank and continued to fish on upstream. I caught another slightly smaller than the first and decided to released it. Quiting for the day, I walked back downstream to retrieve my first steelhead only to find it missing. I hollered to a fisherman across the river and asked him if he saw what happened to my fish. He yelled back that he saw my buddy pick it up and take it to his car. I told him I was fishing alone. He said, "Well I'll be damned! I never heard of that happening before.
    " Damn," I muttered, "neither have I."

I have always hoped that the thief who ripped off my steelhead, used it to feed his starving family.

3. Tylerflies

Tylerflies New Member

I was fishing on the Vedder in BC in a small backeddy that was ringe with brush all the way around it so there is only a ten foot slot to stand. I was fishing alone for a couple hours when three guys come down and start fishing right next to me, a few feet away in the same standing section like it was a normal thing to do. In fact, on that river I imagine it is because on weekends the whole damn thing if filled with fisherman by 10:00am. The guys were really nice so I just chatted with them and left, since I had hooked a few fish in the hole. That stuff does make you a bit more agressive for getting and holding spots, as well as wonder what circus monkeys taught these people to fish.

Tyler

4. Tim Lockhart

Tim Lockhart Active Member

Best you can hope for. Unfortunately, he likely used it to feed his starving ego.

5. Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice Senior Member

I had a couple of douche bags come right up next to me on the kalama with cheap fly rods (because it was fly only at that time) and started whipping around the rods like they were trying to kill bugs and slashing the water and one finally one of the snagged an ole beat chinook and dragged it in and believe it or not kept it gross. I looked at them and just said your kidding right? they looked at me like I was from the moon. I just left after that, disgusted at the whole site.

6. TC

TC I live with wind knots

I was an a-hole not long ago. Ipulled up to a spot and for about 20 minutes,watched as a guy fished . He had left a couple of his kids in the car in the parking lot who kept getting out of the car and aksing thier dad if they could come down and at least watch him. All he would say is "GET BACK IN THE CAR" and then cast some more. I thought that SUCKED!!!!! Make your kids sit in a car with nothing to do, while you take in the river and have a jolly good time. So I get my gear, walk down about 10 feet below him and start fishing. He gave a crappy look and said "you're a bit close" I retorted that if he wanted to bring his kids down to fish, I would gladly move down. He left. So I was the a-hole, and I guess I just assumed he was an a-hole and I don't know his side of the story. I just figured, If'n you're gonna bring your kids, let em fish.

7. Mark Bové

Mark Bové Chasin tail

Home Page:
    Oh Oh I got a good One!!!

This one time a fat kid that I was fishing near was casting over my line while I was fishing to these rising cutties. I was a lil pissed, so I said u are a bastard and walked away.

And this one time... at the fly hole. I had a guy threaten to kill me, so my dear friend threw many large rocks in his general direction. I hate people who fish running line and pencil lead.

And this one time in BC I got low holed by a guy in a raft... So my boy Ed chewed his ass out the next day when he came to apologize... Ed is my hero.

Funny thread

8. Jim Reed

Jim Reed member

Myself and a buddy floated the Cowlitz from Blue creek to Massey Bar in our pontoons. It seemed every small dicked jet sled owner made it there mission to buzz us as close as they could no matter where on the river we were. I won't be fishing that shit hole anytime soon

9. obiwankanobi

obiwankanobi Active Member

One time I was flyfishing at this state park in southern Idaho. I had to take a leak and so rather than being obnoxious around everyone else and just hanging it all out and going next to a bush, I took the liberty to go up to the communial bathroom. I went to the "low urinal" since the other one was being used by an older gentleman. In the process of scooting down my waders and proceeding further, a wading boot from the next urinal nudges my right foot. I thought "What the hell is going on!!" I mentioned something to the gentleman and he apologized and we swapped some Trico patterns and he turned out to be a nice guy. That was 4 years ago and I don't know what he is doing these days...

10. GATOR9

GATOR9 Hey you guys

OBI

Sounds like you may have ran into Senator Craig, Idaho, stall, foot, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Good thing you got out of there.

11. Scott Keith

Scott Keith Member

iagree I think I'm going to mount a little cannon on my float tube...

Scott

12. obiwankanobi

obiwankanobi Active Member

ha ha ha, I know, I know. :rofl::rofl:

13. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

I didn't do this but I knew the guy that did very well and I believe him.
    He and his son were drifting flies on Fish lake late one summer eve and catching many fine trout.
    When they see a boater heading their way, looks like the boat will cross their lines.
    The boat is not coming fast so the dad stands up and waves and yells at the boater that they will cross there lines, so the boater speeds up and before the dad and son can reel in the guy cuts off their lines and never looks back.
    When the dad and son get back to where they had payed to park their boat they find the guys boat that had cut off their lines parked in their spot.
    The dad talks to his son about people being a--holes and to just let it go, the guy will get what's coming to him some day.
    Later that nite the dad goes and takes a big crap on this a--holes boat seat.
    I believe all a--holes should be treated equally.
    Remember the 3 S's Shoot, Shovel, and Shut-up

14. earlsmith

earlsmith Member

I have to say my best story was flyfishing to the pinks below Douglas bar in a small 15ft johnboat I recently sold. I was drifting a buddy from Denver, about every 5 passes we switched up on the rod, and where hitting at least 1 fish per pass, and had a chunk of 60 yards of bank in the West channel to ourselves. Here comes a super v sled out of three rivers, watches us for two passes and honkers down in our run about midway. I just drifted shore side of him a few times, both times hooking a fish just above him and his crew of 4, and playing the fish right in front of him, and shoreside of his boat, the third time down, I just couldn't resist, and said to his clients, "your paying this guy?", "I'll give you guys my card".....he fired her off and we didn't see him the rest of the day. I may have been the smaller baot, but I was the way bigger #$#$head that day, LOL...
    I guess you can attack a guys pride in a not so subtle way. I take guys out and have fun putting them on fish, I don't expect to get paid for it. I power down, I give guys space, I give bank anglers their water, I was one once myself, and try to be respectful of a guys water. If I get close to another boat, it's to say hi, ask a few questions, and my rods are out of the water. there are good guys out there on the water, and for the asking, they will show you water..ect. I was just out in my new toy (sled) and not knowing the S river any higher than I was, a guy came up on us asking about the day, we said it was slow, and commented most guys we saw, passed on our water to run higher. "why aren't you up higher" I admitted I didn't knwo the water, and he offered to run us in his wake up quite a ways. and I'm just trying to mentally map the way back. but it was nice of him to offer to let us shadow him a ways upriver....there are good guys on the water, not always, but sometimes....

Earl

15. BlueCrop

BlueCrop eat more fruit

Guess this falls more in the 'heebie-jeebie' category rather than 'a-hole' category:

A half-dozen years ago I was fishing a tributary of the Skagit to it's mouth. Really a bushwhack. I had casted about a dozen times when a boulder the size of my head came whirring over me and >>SPLASH<< directly in front of where I was wading. Then another, and another... Some were so close the splashed water was running down my face into my eyes. I looked up the bank and saw movement in the salal. Two guys in their late-teen's or early twenties slowly rise. Big kids with close-shaven heads. They did not smile, they did not frown - they no longer tried to conceal themslelves. Just expressionless, wasted and eerie looks on their pasty faces. They were filthy and silent. I immediately thought "Deliverence".

I was maybe 15 feet down an embankment from them and completely helpless. I had no idea if they meant to scare me or kill me. For some reason, the first thing out of my mouth was:
    "Hey guys! Howya' doin'!" - like I was going to try to sell them a used car:confused:

I don't know why I reacted that way, I could have just as easily become combatant. They just stood there with powerfully blank stares. I had only one way to get away and that was back up the tributary on the opposite bank from where they were. As I walked, they walked at the same pace, shadowing me along the opposing bank. We walked along like this for about 100 yards (seemed like an eternity) and then for whatever reason, they dissappeared back into the woods. As quietly as they had come.

These were not kids from town. These were not meth-heads. These kids lived there, somewhere. Their silence was absolutely terrifying.

Another 200 yards or so later a big canvas bag half-buried in the stream bed caught my eye so I jumped into the stream and unburied it. I opened the bag to find it was stuffed with bones:eek: - human sized and probably deer a/o elk. I messed my waders for a second time and high-tailed it for the car. I did call the sherriff when I got home and they said they were very interested in inspecting the contents of the bag but I never heard anything more...