Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

You're Dying Next Year - What Rod, What Reel?

3K views 41 replies 36 participants last post by  PhilR 
#1 ·
[Serious]

Life is short. You're going to die next year. You're taken care of. You're going to fish until you die.

What rod?

What reel?

You're going to master some chrome. What rod and reel will you leave as your legacy to your son?

#12 ·
I'd be fishing a Daiwa 12' 7/9 three piece rod with a delta 7/8 Multip. That's the rod I started with and it's just as good today as it was when I bought it. Actually it's a lot better today than when I bought because I figured out how to use it and the Delta is the key...my key that is. I really don't think rods have gotten much better, maybe lighter is better but I'm not even close to convinced.

#18 ·
If the rod and reel I leave behind is my legacy then I have failed entirely and my life was a complete waste.

That aside if a last trip was called for and money no object I would collect up all my Umpqua fishing buddies, rent out babine norlakes lodge and I'd fish my orvis salmon(10for a 9) along with it's st john. Floating lines and lots of bombers

#23 · (Edited)
My old, trusty Sage 9140-4 Brownie with its partner Orvis Spey reel, in the Voodoo Run on the Sauk, in late March/early April....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.