Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

z-axis sage 8wt 9'6" 4 piece w/ ross cla 4 and rio versa tip new

4K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  satnut 
#1 ·
lawn casted 1 time,

8wt 9'6 4 piece, with a ross cla 4 and a rio versa tip line

willing to trade for regular gear rods, or best offer..
fishinsin@msn.com

#27 ·
You know I did not price out my two rods and bait casters and say "let's rip fishinsinsation off". I thought, hell, that is a nice combo, I'd be happy with just the rod as the reel is of less interest. I have two nice gear rods that are in very good shape and have baitcasters that I don't and won't use anymore. Maybe this is a win-win. If anyone took my offer as an attempt at an embarassing low ball insult they should have used the PM function or called me out as a cheap bastard...well, I guess someone did one of those.

Anyone have a use for these two gear rods and baitcasting reels let me know. I'd be up for a trade.

#30 ·
You have a nice setup there. Seems to me that people have gotten a little emotional about this. I was interested in the setup until checking in with Sage it seems that the Warranty on their fly rods only applies to the original owner. Although I'm sure I'll hear a dozen or so claims otherwise. You may need to lower your expectations on what your setup is worth on the used market.

If you purchased it from a shop then you may want to talk with them about switching it for a comperable gear rod. Even if they don't carry gear rods they can still order them from any manufacture that they deal with.

If you came about it at a really great bargain then you may want to consider what you have invested in it with respect to what people are willing to barter with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.