Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

z-axis sage 8wt 9'6" 4 piece w/ ross cla 4 and rio versa tip new

4K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  satnut 
#1 ·
lawn casted 1 time,

8wt 9'6 4 piece, with a ross cla 4 and a rio versa tip line

willing to trade for regular gear rods, or best offer..
fishinsin@msn.com

#5 ·
Fishinsinsation, I've got two baitcasting rods and reels that I'll trade for your new Z Axis 896-4, CLA4 and versitip line system.
St. Croix 10'6" WC106M2 rod with a Shimano Castiatic CA-200SF and a Quantum IM8 8'6" CWC862 with a Shimano Crestfire CR-100D
Both rods are two pieces, all guides, ferrules, blank and cork in very good shape. I've not touched them for two years since going 100% fly fishing.
We could meet, or rods can pass in the mail. Let me know if you are interested.

#8 ·
"want this combo gone" and Jason Decker and I put up some pretty decent offers in trade...I've not heard back from you so I guess you want more than two full setups of pretty darn good quality for one?

#9 ·
mumbles, this is over a 900 dollar setup, im not going to trade for jason deckers 200 dollar setup,

and your setups probably retails for around 350 or less..

"pretty good offers" i think not..

what i want is somthing/things that retail for around the same amount of money...

im not going to give this setup away..

to be honest i thought jasons offer was a little insulting.

#11 ·
Well, there is life after all. Glad to hear from you. I'll put my cheap ass shit back in the corner of my garage. Thanks for responding. Good luck with your trade or sale.

#13 ·
fishinsinsations,
I have a crab pot i would be willing to trade. Leaded line, to bait boxes, a double red and white buoy with a orange flag at the end ( i can cross off my name and put yours on, no charge). If you act now I will throw in a "Fish-On" rod holder and a neon-green glove with spikes for gripping fish out of the net! Let me know, I live in the Seattle area!
Cheers.

#14 ·
i had some cash to go with my set up, but you never said anything, I even offered to meet you. now the insults? how are we supposed to know what you want? if you aren't happy with your responses when asking to trade for "regular gear rods' , then getting offers for regular gear rods........... not "high end' gear rods,you never gave any criteria asking for similar equipment value, you might want to communicate a little better bud. good luck. i am out. seems like if you've struck out with every guy who has replied to your post, then the results are your problem.......

#18 ·
Let's be gentlemen about this. So you didn't get offered what you wanted. No reason to bad mouth anyone or get ticked off. A simple "No thanks" would have sufficed. It is, however, avisable to give someone a ballpark idea of what you're looking for. The fly rod/reel is a very nice combo and the gear rod/reel combos are nice as well. If it not what you want, say so in a reasonable way.

#20 ·
mumbles just rubs up and down on you.....it's the mess he leaves that most don't like...from what I have been told. :clown: But he really called it for what it looked like, I asked you a question and had no response. Lots of great and honest people here...and easy to deal with.

#21 ·
Yup, I'm the bad guy. I offered up two full setups for someone wanting to part with one setup. Value is in the hands of the beholder. Hope my mess did not complicate your life too much. Good luck.

#22 ·
Hell, I'd be pissed if I was dumping that set-up as well.

Just a question - have you gotten some buddies that know what they're doing to show you how to cast that thing? It take a while to pick up and I doubt learning on an 8wt would be the easiest thing in the world. Also, the z-axis doesn't have a reputation as a forgiving rod for beginners. As such, you might want to start off with a heavier line to really flex the rod.

Hey man, I would just really suggest that you go to Avid Angler in Lake Forest Park and talk to Joel who works there. Tell him that you hate the rod, but you're willing to give it one more go. I think Joel would be happy to give you some casting lessons for a reasonable rate. And, who knows, maybe with the right tips and guidance, you'll be just as addicted as the rest of us poor souls.

I'd just hate to see you take the $300 hit without giving it one more shot.

-Jesse

G
#24 ·
Mumbles you really should take it easy on Fishinsinsation she is obviously sensitive. I agree with the value is with the person who will utilize the setup. Cut it loose for what you want regardless of a few bucks, you will fish the hell out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.