I tried to follow Oliver Edwards Baetis Nymph, however, I had to substitute a few materials...and hook size.
- Hook size #14 with bent shank
- Lead wraps (1/3 length of shank and doubled over)
- three deer hairs for tail (length of shank)
- Olive floss for "underbody"
- Clear flexbody strip wound over floss
- Mallard flanks (folded over partridge)
- Brown dubbing for thorax
- Partridge breast feather (legs)
My little description does not do Oliver Edwards any justice...there is a 10 page description to the construction of this fly.
I would highly recommend his book Flytyers Masterclass