Bad-ass streamers. I tried to tie some up, they look close, but not that good. Nice work. How are you tying in the rubber legs around the dacron (or whtever you're using) that conncets the hooks; are you tying them in a knot around the connection material, or are you actually affixing them with thread turns?
Great tie. Ican't wait to try them for steelhead, both swung and nymphed under an indicator.
Thanks, hopefully the fish will think they're nasty too. Yeah, tying the estaz on the braid is a bitch. I'm using doubled 30# spectra (Tuff line) but dacron or whatever you like for A-leeches should be fine.
I posted a recipe in the tying forum but here's how I get the estaz on the braid. I only tie one pair of legs to the braid cuz it's a bitch. I put a few wraps of thread on the braid near the center of the gap and seal it with a small drop of superglue. Then I lay the legs on the thread wraps with the glue still tacky and secure them with a few more wraps and tie-off with a half-hitch. Then I lightly coat the braid with Pliobond (flexament should work too) and wrap the estaz tightly over the braid from the rear hook forward until I reach the back of the front hook. Then I switch the front hook to the vise and tie down the estaz with thread.