Not open for further replies.

Some fly fishing flies

2K views 29 replies 19 participants last post by  Chris Scoones 
#1 ·
How do I sell my fly fishing flies.

Regards,
Francis

#6 ·
I run an international Business Promotion and Consultancy firm and I got your contact through the internet in my quest for a foreign investment for one of my clients.

My client is in the fly tying industry and owns many chickens. He also used to shave baby sheep and make his own thread. Sadly an international ban was placed on his flies from war torn countries. Hence he decided to stop his fly tying business and diversify his investment portfolio by investing abroad in different sector on partnership basis.

The followings are his specifications for your consideration and immediate attention:

1. Investment capital up to USD $2000 thousand dollars

2. Area of interest - boogers, nymphers, streamerz or wet ones

3. Your banking information

4. Interested party should be prepared to sign agreement with him that will protect his interest before he releases and remit his capital to the designated account for the project after which he will travel back with the person to finalize and set up the business.

Please kindly note that you need not reply if you are not satisfied with the above conditions as my client will prefer to deal with somebody serious as the entire management and running of this venture will be the person's responsibility, because it will not be possible for my client to be physically present most of the time in view of his time consuming commitments with his fly tying business.

Kindly give this proposal an urgent attention, as my client needs this information as soon as possible

#10 ·
Just because we can keep coming here to read Big_E's response again and mention of Ron Jeremy causing me to spew cold drinks out of omy nose? That is some serious Friendly Administrator free fly blocking though Mr. Scoones. I think I had Francis convinded to send me his whole collection. You know I would have shared. Cold man.

Wait, did you wink at us?

Why yes, yes you did.

#16 ·
I guess because he wasn't a sponsor and was looking to sell on here that he seemed sketch, but I am the curious type and googled his user-name and it linked me to these websites:
http://www.elburgonfliessupply.com
http://elburgonfltyers.webs.com/
The dude's name is Francis too. THOUGH, I am sure the shipping would be insane.

The prices also seem a little too good- $9.50 per DOZEN for the saltwater flies.

Anyways, I was curious and that's what I was able to find out...

#17 ·
from that site verbatim: "cdc biot spinner rusty. biot spinners flys have the best reputation and fly anglers and flys fisherman prefer this fly fishing fly for fishing. angling is better using our fly fishing flies."

now what are these things used for again?

#22 ·
Maybe it's the nice side of me, but I think we should give him an honest try at our site under the conditions he either a) becomes a sponsor if he wants to sell his product commercially (it's apparent he is not a hobbyist tying and swapping like most of us) and b) that his only posts aren't in the classifieds and he is actively participating in the forum/threads.

If he doesn't comply (like honestly, how hard is it to actively participate in a fly fishing forum if you fly fish...*facepalm) and it is obvious he is just trying to make money from us, then yeah, I would suggest taking away the keys and banning/parking him.

#25 ·
if he's serious, and not already runnin skeerd, he'll send some samples. sometimes they do. i think every flyshop everywhere gets several of these emails weely. none of the big fly wholesalers get their bugs wrapped in africa. young asian fingers make a decent wage and have good working conditions tying for most of them.

#28 ·
This mode of shipping depends on the weight of the package to be sent.
We offer free shipping for orders of over 4000 $ by courier .
We have different rates of shipping fee depending on the package weight ,

Shipping rates
001 gms --------- 500 gms = 40 $
501 gms --------- 1.0 kgs = 57 $
1.1 kgs --------- 1.5 kgs = 73 $
1.6 kgs --------- 2.0 kgs = 89 $
2.1 kgs --------- 2.5 kgs = 105 $
2.6 kgs --------- 3.0 kgs = 122 $
3.1 kgs --------- 3.5 kgs = 138 $
3.6 kgs --------- 4.0 kgs = 154 $
4.1 kgs --------- 4.5 kgs = 170 $
4.6 kgs --------- 5.0 kgs = 186 $

Flat rate shipping
by normal airmail services .
This shipping rates are applied to packages that are from 001 grams to 500 grams .
The shipping mode is through the normal mail. It takes 7 to 21 days for a package to reach the client.
Please be informed before choosing any of this shipping modes.

We humbly request our clients to be aware of the shipping charges of their products .
The shipping charges are not included in the products prices .

Cooling off period.
We have a 7 days cooling off period for clients to alter or cancel their orders. After the 7 days period ,We send the orders to the clients without any alteration or cancellation .

Shipping . The duration of shipping by couriers is between 3 - 5 working days .

#30 ·
Shutting it down then. Rules are this is private party ads only, save for sponsors. Private party ads I define as your own personal gear. I do this to protect the flavor of the classifieds and to provide some incentive for some companies to sponsor so we can keep the lights on. This wasn't to be an exception but rather a chance at some continued humor but that seams to have passed.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.