Smolt Gurgler
Ron Eagle Elk

Smolt Gurgler

Tied by Tin Pusher
jcsrage,

I've never fished this one, it was submitted by Tin-Pusher. I have fished this type of pattern before though. It the salt just pop it along on the surface (they float like corks with all that foam) on the retrieve. On a river I'd probably skate it across the current and pop it on the dangle. The upturned foam at the front causes quit a disturbance in the water when it's popped along.

For a more complete answer, you might PM Tin-Pusher.

REE

I found this pattern on the web site listed below. In addition to the fishing technique described there I like to riffle hitch under the fly and skate it in the river. I would love to hear how succesful you are with this fly and what species, other than SRC, are caught on it by the fellow fly swappers.

http://www.pugetsoundflyfishing.com/FlyPatterns/Attractors/SmoltGurgler_ScottM.htm

Media information

Category
2005 SRC swap
Added by
Ron Eagle Elk
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

That said, WFF displays just a single ad regardless of the device, and that ad helps cover the server fees. The position and size of the ad has been set to minimize impact to your experience, negating the need for adblocking the site. Disable your AdBlocker / Whitelist WashingtonFlyFishing.com to continue using the site. Thanks.

I've Disabled AdBlock