Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Love da little fishies
    1,678 Posts
    i had rode my mtn bike about 2 miles from camp, so had on mtn bike shoes with cleats, so could not wade. that fish ran upstream and down and broke 3x tippit like it was nothing.

Of course the ability of me being able to take time off work for these will depend on the job i have at that time. I was laid off my last job a month ago and am not sure when i will be employed again.

· Love da little fishies
    1,678 Posts
    I catch only about one or two fish per afternoon and evening of pounding the water, but it is almost always on a dry fly on 3x fluorocarbon. October caddis hatch and small steelhead size browns and rainbows crush the dry fly, a real excitement. I have been fishing it for the past 2 seasons and went to dry fly only because it is so fun. my fist fish there was on a corkie indicator with two droppers.

· Love da little fishies
    1,678 Posts
    Also, i camp and fish a unnamed stream each October that is 2.5 hours north and east of you. I fish between the black powder and modern rifle deer season. So Mon - Wed i normally have the creek and campsite to myself. gets below freezing at night and winds sometimes blow 40 mph, so have to stake down tent and shelter.

· Love da little fishies
    1,678 Posts
    Helo Tom,

would love to fish with you. My son is scheduled to move back into his dorm at Walla Walla University Sept 11 and i may travel to help him move stuff back in.

Depends on my job situation at that time, but i may take an extra day or two and camp fish.

Would you be interested in fishing?

· Living
    2,129 Posts
    Hope your work situation gets settled, the stress can get overwhelming. I'll add a though for you to my evening payer.

· Love da little fishies
    1,678 Posts
    Thank you. i am gong Thurs thru Sun to the Little Naches to camp fish.

There a re a lot of small creeks there to explore with a 2 wt, my fav kind of fishing. It is 3 miles from my childhood cabin that my grandparents owned. Fun stuff and the fishing/hiking keeps the stress level down

· Living
    2,129 Posts
    Have a great time, sounds like fun. My wife has new stove coming so no playing for a couple days for me.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…