Best places to chow down after a day on a river...

For the Skykomish crew . . . those funky old school buses in front of the Reptile Zoo between Sultan and Monroe actually have some of the best BBQ I've found in the state. A couple from Texas operate the joint (can't even remember the name) and it's worth a stop on the way home. Or the taco wagon directly across from the Monroe prison on main street - great tacos and burritos.
Yeah, they are one of only two decent BBQ places I have found in this part of the world. I'm still partial to what comes out of my own smoker, but they do a damn fine job.

On my way home from the Chehalis tribs/Grays harbor tribs, I like to stop by the BBQ place on the hwy west of Olympia. They're also doing it right.

I don't eat out often following fishing but I've eaten a few times at Rhodies Smokin' BBQ at Exit 34 in North Bend since I spend most of my time on the South Fork. But I know they've moved to Preston since I last ate there when the gas station they were collocated with closed. The other places I've gone occasionally too are the Issaquah Brewhouse and the Snoqualmie Brewery

I don't eat out often following fishing but I've eaten a few times at Rhodies Smokin' BBQ at Exit 34 in North Bend since I spend most of my time on the South Fork. But I know they've moved to Preston since I last ate there when the gas station they were collocated with closed. The other places I've gone occasionally too are the Issaquah Brewhouse and the Snoqualmie Brewery
RIP Rhodie's at exit 34! The Popeye's there at Truck Town now provides a small amount of solace.
North Bend Bar and Grill is good.

For the Skykomish crew . . . those funky old school buses in front of the Reptile Zoo between Sultan and Monroe actually have some of the best BBQ I've found in the state. A couple from Texas operate the joint (can't even remember the name) and it's worth a stop on the way home. Or the taco wagon directly across from the Monroe prison on main street - great tacos and burritos.
BAR B Q ed Reptiles?

Oh the other place I was recently after four days of camping with the family and a tiny amount of fishing was the Mazama Store. I had one of their sandwiches on a fresh baked roll with a local beer on tap. Got there just as the Germany-Brazil Trashing started. :)

Yeah, they are one of only two decent BBQ places I have found in this part of the world. I'm still partial to what comes out of my own smoker, but they do a damn fine job.

On my way home from the Chehalis tribs/Grays harbor tribs, I like to stop by the BBQ place on the hwy west of Olympia. They're also doing it right.
Growing up in Montesano I've been there quite a few times. My mom still lives there so I will often stop in there when driving by. Really well done.

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member

I haven't ate there since it changed to a BBQ place. Usually by time I get to that point I just want to get home. LOL. I may have to try it one of these days.

jake-e-boy

sans caféine

If you ever find yourself in port hadlock and want good bbq, check out zoogs caveman cookin, best I've had in the pnw besides home cooked