Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Found at Outdoor Emporium

3K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  sourdoughsmitty 
#1 ·
#5 ·
'Tis the sincerest form of flattery.

Can you - or does anyone -actually patent fly patterns or is it just considered poor form to mass-produce someone else's original pattern without contacting and/or compensating them?
Jim Teeny patented his Teeny Nymph many years ago. I never patented it and don't make a cent off those that are sold. This way they go to whatever shop I work at. Kinda like little dogs.

Leland

#8 ·
Mine are from Orvis of Bellevue, well the one I have left (now). Had four. Lasted three years or more. Guess I need to to get a few more....so a trip to Bellevue. What's a good time to hit store and avoid that horrible traffic? 55 minutes tonight @ 515 pm to go from 124th in Kirkland to Kenmore...about 5 miles. :mad:

#13 ·
11AM - 1PM

Leland.
Did today and it was a perfect time, got a couple poppers (there were only three left I think) and few other flies. It has been a little while since I have been there. Really nice selection of flies, and I like the way the reels are mounted on the wall so you can touch and play with them w/o bothering someone to pull them out of the typical glass counter display. I had limited time today, but I think I need to go back and check out more. Thanks

#15 ·
You had your face buried in the dry fly selection when I arrived and then you were in the back room for most of my visit, a guy in sandals assisted me a bit. You came out and talked fly line with me a bit and then rang me up and we talked briefly about PNP, Meadowdale Beach, Picnic Point, Karkeek, but there were a sleuth of women waiting to purchase items, plus I had to get back to my wife before she spent to much at Nordstrom's. I do like the set-up you guys have there. Nice work!

#16 ·
In fairness it has been several years since I have seen you at Orvis. Four or five years ago when I bought my first Poppers from you and you explained how to cast/strip them to me. Before that you fitted me for my first Orvis waders...2000, 2001, 2002 ? No idea. I'll be back probably this early fall...time for new waders. Had two pairs from Orvis and they are top notch in my book. Other visits to Orvis you were absent.

#18 ·
bandy, you nailed it in a sense, cure or treatment is getting out, camping, hiking, fly fishing, etc. and absolving your mind of everything that might be considered important. I love being out on multi day trips and eventually having know idea of time or what day it is. Life is simple then. Life is good then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.