getting married!

Like the title says I'm getting married. My fiance told me we should go to AK for our honey moon so we can fish! The problem is I feel bad because although she loves fishing I think she would have a better time in the tropics. Does anyone have any suggestions for a tropical fish destination that won't bankrupt the average person? It would be mid-late summer next year.

Chris Bellows

Your Preferred WFF Poster
The least expensive travel warm destination would be somewhere in Florida. The guides might cost more per day, but the lodging will be much cheaper and higher quality.

Yeah Florida crossed my mind. I was thinking outside the continental US. Preferably somewhere with culture. I would be going to okinawa but flights are ungodly expensive.

GAT

Dumbfounded
There's always Baja. I'd probably recommend you stay at a secure resort and use a resort guide and boat but you can still get some pretty cheap deals to fish Baja.

RogueBum

Spey casting for Steelies year round
Is it that much more expensive to fly to Florida as it is to Hawaii? I know a guide in Montana that lives in Hawaii 8 months out of the year and he says the fishing is great. He tracks every fish he catches for every year he's there and last year (8 months) he caught over 400 bone-fish.

He said that was a low year. :confused:

kmac

Check out Sanabel Island. Its on the gulf side of Florida. Very nice beaches. Fishing in the salt for various species is good and you can also go to freshwater rivers and lakes for bass and other warm water species. If she's particularly adventuresome there's always gator huntin'!

Check into the bone fishing at Easter Island. Don't know about the cost but I have friends who have gone and they say it is superb. Also, few people know that the bone fishing is pretty good at the Cayman Islands. You have to take a boat over to the Little Caymans but once you get there you have miles and miles of beaches with very few people around. Great spot for some beach romancing and a little fishing on the side.

Practice these sentances:
Yes honey, I was wrong.
I agree with you, I was wrong.
No your ass does not look large in that outfit...
I love you & I was wrong.

IveofIone

Hunter, we will be celebrating our 47th anniversary next month. From my experience I would have to say that marriage is about the most fun you can have legally. I can't imagine anything better.

I could give you some great advice as a rookie just starting out but it will be much more gratifying if you find out for yourself. Have fun. Always.

Ive

bconrad

I'd take a look at Belize depending on what time of year you want to go. If you can avoid the rainy/hurricane season it's amazing, and all the saltwater fishing you could ever want. Plus the people are really friendly and the food is good.