Westside Bass!

Greg Armstrong

OldRodsHaveMoreFun
A quick check of the County Website shows "Lake Joy Park" with no parking and 1 unimproved launch.

Cottage lake was at one point private. Hence the private "Cottage Lake Beach Club" park and access. Wouldn't surprise me if Joy shared the same history.
Blast from the past. "Norm's Resort" on Cottage Lake.
You couldn't get away from the signs for that place in the old days. There was a "Norm's Resort" sign nailed 20' up every other tree for about 400 miles in every direction it seemed. This was long ago.
Norm's Resort now goes by the name "Cottage Lake County Park".
And yes, it has bass.

Last edited:
Pine Lake, Beaver Lake. Phantom Lake.
There are some in Beaver - caught a couple myself over the years, unintentionally.

ryfly - curious about Phantom. I had to laugh at the fact that they have a permit situation and you have to go to through the "greenbelt ranger station" - that's a first, a ranger station for a greenbelt. Only in Bellevue! haha - so is it worth the hassle at all? Read some forum posts on another site ranting about just perch.

I'm curious about other lakes around the westside as well. I've debated launching the drift boat on Sammamish and staying down towards the state park and away from all the ski boats.

Had forgotten about Cottage so that's a good reminder. Hate launching there in a tube though - every darn spin fisher lines that dock on the weekend and cast right into the launch area. Got sick of dodging treble hooks and haven't gone back since. Maybe it's improved... although I'm doubting it. Everyone has to get their full allotment of minimum size snack fish. (ugh! haha a bit jaded after a recent trip to Rattlesnake and watching everyone chain up their keeps to their boats all morning)

Shawn West

Rory...I do like the coloring on that bass. It has been a long time since I have been on the water. Looks like I will not be fishing again until spring.

Regards

Shawn

ryfly

Addicted to flyfishing
There are some in Beaver - caught a couple myself over the years, unintentionally.

ryfly - curious about Phantom. I had to laugh at the fact that they have a permit situation and you have to go to through the "greenbelt ranger station" - that's a first, a ranger station for a greenbelt. Only in Bellevue! haha - so is it worth the hassle at all? Read some forum posts on another site ranting about just perch.

I'm curious about other lakes around the westside as well. I've debated launching the drift boat on Sammamish and staying down towards the state park and away from all the ski boats.

Had forgotten about Cottage so that's a good reminder. Hate launching there in a tube though - every darn spin fisher lines that dock on the weekend and cast right into the launch area. Got sick of dodging treble hooks and haven't gone back since. Maybe it's improved... although I'm doubting it. Everyone has to get their full allotment of minimum size snack fish. (ugh! haha a bit jaded after a recent trip to Rattlesnake and watching everyone chain up their keeps to their boats all morning)

The "ranger station" if I remember correctly is just an electronic station to pay the user fee, which was for parking. There is no 'boat launch so to speak but you can launch toons, canoes, kayaks, and float tubes. Don't tell anyone but there are some pigs in there.

bakerite

Cassidy Lake in snohomish county is a real good one. Panther too! I would recommend buying a guide to all the lakes of check out the web site.

Brad Niemeyer

Old School Member
I know a few excellent Bass lakes in King county. These shots are a bit dated. Little league baseball conflicts with my bass fishing right now...The first pic is from cottage lake ( my home water), Phantom lake is represented, One of these bass is from a lake just across the snohomish line. The biggest bass is from a secret squirrel lake very nearby that is not on anyone's radar. Lake joy has public access, but i have not fished it. Crescent has some nice bass. Langlois has lots of tiny bass!

Latest posts