Duck Hunting

G

gldntrt20

uhm..how about finding a animal killing forum elsewhere??
not all of us KILL ducks...
I suggest drive off a short dock in your search : )

But please, not in your waders. Love ya, pal!

Last edited by a moderator:

jake-e-boy

sans caféine
Zanhorn, you just found your first bonehead to ignore. Good luck with the duck hunting.
Epic for a new member to be so brazen. Bet the guy releases hatchery steel hats on the methow too.

Back on topic, although this post would find more love in the cast & blast section, hit me up and get ready to drive towards the south Columbia basin, tis where dreams come true

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
I can offer no advice for your area, but good luck with the search & your pending waterfowl season; I don't hunt ducks much anymore concentrating on upland birds now, but I thoroughly enjoyed the sport when I did. I'd avoid short docks; these are rarely productive duck-hunting locations & have precious little room to drive on, lol. Feel free to ignore the first ignorant reply your post received. The advice re: "east to the Columbia Basin" is sound -- duck Nirvava, indeed & it should be a good season over here.

Alex MacDonald

that's His Lordship, to you.....
This is a difficult question unless you don't mind hunting out of a powerboat on big water-which I intensely despise! There's several paddle designs out there that'll enable you to sneak into small waters safely and quietly, and they're reasonably stable platforms. An Aqua Pod comes to mind, but it's pretty much a layout boat. Sadly, I'm used to those "tuxedo" blinds my dad's duck club has in the Butte Sink in CA. We've hunted those grounds for 4 generations, but I needed to sell the membership when he passed away. Here in WA, I've not found anything to replace it.

And a note to Gldntrt20: if you're uncomfortable with the fact that many of us here actually provide our own food for our families, rather than buying some feedlot crap, perhaps you're on the wrong forum.

uhm..how about finding a animal killing forum elsewhere??
not all of us KILL ducks...
I suggest drive off a short dock in your search : )
The funny part of this is, instead of completely ignoring a thread like most of us that are not interested, you waste your time and gain no insight on the topics you actually are passionate about.

I apologize for not posting in the correct forum. My mistake.

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
I will add that if you can find "small water" that is accessible, Zan, I have experienced very successful duck hunting in out-of-the-way, small wet spots while using just a very few decoys (think 4 or less hen decoys). Males of any species being what they are, well . . . it worked for me on many occasions. We actually "created" a small pond in a pasture that had flooded & had been great hunting the prior year & that worked. We spread an amorphous-shaped sheet of plastic sheeting in the pasture & positioned a few deeks on that. It warranted sufficient close looks by enough mallards to give us shooting (and a comic-relief moment when a few decided to land . . . as Gomer Pyle said: "sur-prise, sur-prise!"). Oh, to be young & adventurous again.

G

gldntrt20

This is a difficult question unless you don't mind hunting out of a powerboat on big water-which I intensely despise! There's several paddle designs out there that'll enable you to sneak into small waters safely and quietly, and they're reasonably stable platforms. An Aqua Pod comes to mind, but it's pretty much a layout boat. Sadly, I'm used to those "tuxedo" blinds my dad's duck club has in the Butte Sink in CA. We've hunted those grounds for 4 generations, but I needed to sell the membership when he passed away. Here in WA, I've not found anything to replace it.

And a note to Gldntrt20: if you're uncomfortable with the fact that many of us here actually provide our own food for our families, rather than buying some feedlot crap, perhaps you're on the wrong forum.
Sorry kids, I own a farm and raise angus... so stick with your 1 or 2 oz duck breast, freezing filling thoughts about "providing for your family" b.s.

That one always cracks me up.

Suggestion. Buy a farm and your own land and set your own rules instead of living in a culdesac duplex and
thinking you are providing "the dream" for your family.

My point is, might be a few on here who see flyfishing as the silent art, and not a modified bass fishing/gun blasting noise pollution hunting..killing is. Respect both sides and I do appreciate the Moderator putting this in the correct spot.

All Cactus are Succulents, not all Succulents are Cactus.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

gldntrt20

The funny part of this is, instead of completely ignoring a thread like most of us that are not interested, you waste your time and gain no insight on the topics you actually are passionate about.

I apologize for not posting in the correct forum. My mistake.
Nah, I put plenty of time into keeping hunters off land I own and spreading the word of true conservation.
That would be no outright killing for sport. Period.
Why are people mad at me anyway? I don't help kill your quotas so you can keep up on your end of the deal of slaughtering anyway?? My fields and many non-hunters properties feed the bellies of the geese and ducks and allow all nature to balance out so you can have your seasons.
I expect kudos and some of your lazy bums out here next summer throwing some bales of hay for the good of all. THAT works !
: )

Latest posts