Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Question for rodbuilders

Rod Building 
2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  FlyShopKristin 
#1 ·
Someone is sending me a Rainshadow blank. The model # is RXF905-4, so its a 4-pc 5 wt. Can anyone tell me more about this rod. Where was it made, is it one of their better blanks, etc. :dunno

#4 ·
Hi - The RXF905-4 is from the Rainshadow 51 mil modulus graphite line. Rainshadow is in the process of changing over their lineup - but to date the blank you are talking about has been their high end line. Your model should be US made, but Rainshadow is moving production of that line overseas. (FYI: They are now introducing a new line of US made blanks).
My husband Ron recently built the same blank - he loves it & says its a powerful, fast rod.

Have fun building it, it should be a ton of fun to fish!

#10 ·
It's true...the current Rainshadow lineup is moving to the same overseas production facility as their Forecast lineup. The Sequim factory has closed.
However - Rainshadow is now offering a brand-new US made lineup from a different US factory, to compliment their existing Forecast & Rainshadow lines (which will now be made overseas). The new lines are the RX7 and RX8 models. They just became available yesterday.

KP - I'm sure that your blank is the US made flavor - I just spoke with Batson Enterprises (Rainshadow). They are still shipping inventory from the Sequim factory & have not transitioned to the import inventories.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.