Pass Lake Toxic Algae

Irafly

Indi Ira
WFF Premium
The algae as far as I know will not harm the fish and you are completely safe to fish the lake, just don't drink the water or lick your hands after releasing a fish. Leave you pets at home.

On this note, did you happen to notice in the article where it informs us to clean our fish thoroughly? Someone messed up there.

Mrs. G

reel-woman.net
The algae as far as I know will not harm the fish and you are completely safe to fish the lake, just don't drink the water or lick your hands after releasing a fish. Leave you pets at home.

On this note, did you happen to notice in the article where it informs us to clean our fish thoroughly? Someone messed up there.

I did notice that mistake! Pass Lake is catch and release only.

Scott Salzer

previously micro brew
WFF Premium
Ira - Do you really lick you hands after releasing a fish? Maybe you do, you always have that "lemonade" container in the boat.

Damn, Tim. I should have headed up rather than hit the local salt.

Irafly

Indi Ira
WFF Premium
Ira - Do you really lick you hands after releasing a fish? Maybe you do, you always have that "lemonade" container in the boat.

Damn, Tim. I should have headed up rather than hit the local salt.

No I don't, and I don't imagine others would as well, just making a point. As for the lemonade, I only crack that out after all the beer is gone.

That algae comes around every year, they're just now getting around to putting signs up. Mostly a courtesy, never been a problem. (It fished well this morning)

Golfman was out there this morning as well and said he found some. He also said that there was a good bite around 2:30 on mids.

Oh wait, we are not suppose to talk about this lake if we plan to fish it. Never mind, I didn't fish it today so I can talk all about it.

Irafly

Indi Ira
WFF Premium
Long day of frustration at Pass today. Ira, I noticed someone altered your avatar in the shitter.

No, say it aint so! You just gave away the zipper lip... shhhh...

Yeah, I thought today would be tough and I figured yesterday would have been awesome. I'm fairly certain the fish ate hard yesterday with the rain and overcast skies and with the brighter skies today they likely sulked a lot more.

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info