What's in your vise?

Been tying alot of big stuff for lings and rockfish. I pretty much have all the flies I need for next year, and then some, but they are fun to tie and Ive enjoyed playing around with some new techniques.

More than anything lately Ive enjoyed learning and experimenting witnoh Bob Popovics style of using bucktail to make large profile saltwater flies. Its alot of fun learning a new technique and its amazing the flies people come up with using the techniques. The east coast guys tie some amazing saltwater flies.

0207150836.jpg 0207150837.jpg

Been tying alot of big stuff for lings and rockfish. I pretty much have all the flies I need for next year, and then some, but they are fun to tie and Ive enjoyed playing around with some new techniques.

More than anything lately Ive enjoyed learning and experimenting witnoh Bob Popovics style of using bucktail to make large profile saltwater flies. Its alot of fun learning a new technique and its amazing the flies people come up with using the techniques. The east coast guys tie some amazing saltwater flies.

View attachment 93407 View attachment 93408

ah yes, the true test is when they get wet.

great looking flies. Those just gave me an idea.

ah yes, the true test is when they get wet.

great looking flies. Those just gave me an idea.

Ya they don't look too impressive until they get wet, then they just come alive. They look amazing in the water. My attempts truly dont do the tying style justice, but the fish probably wont care.

Playing around with some bunny. Nothing special but Im quite certain it will put fish to the boat.

(Tying flies for rockfish is a great confidence booster....I could probably catch just as many fish if I tied the red cap of my super glue container to a hook and fished that, but I like to pretend every fly that comes out of my vise is just gonna be rockfish magic lol)

Attachments