What's in your vise?

ScottP

Trailing Bubble R&B Caddis (variation)

Another one from Planettrout; this one a combination of Al Ritt’s Trailing Bubble Caddis and Andy Burke’s Snowshoe Caddis.

hook - WFC Model 3 #12
thread - Veevus 8/0 tan
shuck - Krystal Flash uv pearl
body - Ice Dub uv tan
underwing - Krystal Flash uv pearl
wing/head - snowshoe hare
hackle - ginger/grizzly

Regards,
Scott

NRC

WFF Supporter
My first marine worm fly. I haven't tied or fished these before, and would appreciate any tips. Is the tail too long?

View attachment 241354
Looks like you’ve got the tail pretty secured against fouling, which is usually all I worry about wrt tail length. But I’m not very knowledgeable about polychaete type flies

Reactions: Zak

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
My first marine worm fly. I haven't tied or fished these before, and would appreciate any tips. Is the tail too long?

View attachment 241354
Cinder worm?
Looks good.

Here are some past threads on marine worms with some good info.
There was a marine worm swap years ago with some really cool patterns.
I think between photobucket and the forum upgrades the pictures may be lost.
SF

Ian Horning

Powerbait Entomologist
You ever just go to the bench and start tying stuff on a shank too see where it goes? My latest rambling freestyle came up with this spey bug. The tube got stuck on the wire holder and I had nearly torn the fly apart by the time I got it off... tore half the collar out and crunched the nose :( but she's ready to fish!

IMG_7208.jpg

ScottP

Europa 12 Harklan

The mallard flank came from an unwilling donor who met her demise (not by me), along with her mate, along I-93 north out of Whitefish.

hook - WFC Model 4 #10
thread - Uni 8/0 rusty dun
shuck - Congo Hair chartreuse
body - Ice Dub hare’s ear
wing - hen mallard
hackle - barred cream

Regards,
Scott

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts