What's in your vise?

thesankers

This is my favorite night fishing fly for largemouth. The particular fly has landed over 50 largemouth and was beat up so I took it out of the fly box and patched up the UV finish. I have seen some debate about whether glow in the dark materials are effective, but I have found it to be good. I used to throw glow in the dark Krocodiles into Lake Superior. They looked like flashlights going through the air- and they caught lake trout, chinook and coho like crazy. The GITD stips on the front are to make it easier to see the fly and get it close to the bank without throwing deep into the shoreline brush. The olive hackles are just because I don't have any black ones. This is a big loud fly with a large size double barrel popper head. The GITD materials are atomic glow on the popper body and flashabou in the tail.
2020-06-07 09.32.31.jpg

2020-06-07 09.28.24.jpg

2020-06-07 09.28.55.jpg

Last edited:

ScottP

Ivemyer’s Hot-Spot Emerger (variation)

Found this on Lucian Vasies’ site; swapped out the calftail wing for snowshoe hair.

hook - WFC Model 28 #12
thread - Veevus tan
tag - UTC 140 fluoro orange
body - biot tan
thorax - Ice Dub hare’s ear tan
wing - snowshoe rabbit foot
hackle - ginger

Regards,
Scott

Last edited:

tkww

This is my favorite night fishing fly for largemouth. The particular fly has landed over 50 largemouth and was beat up so I took it out of the fly box and patched up the UV finish. I have seen some debate about whether glow in the dark materials are effective, but I have found it to be good. I used to throw glow in the dark Krocodiles into Lake Superior. They looked like flashlights going through the air- and they caught lake trout, chinook and coho like crazy. The GITD stips on the front are to make it easier to see the fly and get it close to the bank without throwing deep into the shoreline brush. The olive hackles are just because I don't have any black ones. This is a big loud fly with a large size double barrel popper head. The GITD materials are atomic glow on the popper body and flashabou in the tail.
View attachment 242076

View attachment 242077

View attachment 242078
What are you using to coat the heads with?

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts