What's in your vise?

Speyrod GB

Just wondering if you have used the Farrar flash been in a dubbing loop for the head of the fly @Randall Clark ? I've used in a few trout streamers. It's not too bad. I would recommend using a stout thread so you can put some pressure on it when you fold it back collar style. Great looking flies.

Randall Clark

Huge Fly Guy
Just wondering if you have used the Farrar flash been in a dubbing loop for the head of the fly @Randall Clark ? I've used in a few trout streamers. It's not too bad. I would recommend using a stout thread so you can put some pressure on it when you fold it back collar style. Great looking flies.
I have not. I actually bought a Stonfo dubbing brush device and have used it a handful of times, but never with Farrar. I could see how that would work really good. I need to play around with it a bit more.

candr

Love the nymphs. What are the dubbings involved?
The dubbing is a seals fur blend. According to the book a long time Osprey club member by the name of Bill Starr created the pattern. He specifies 5 parts dark olive, 3 parts light olive, 2 parts yellow, 2 parts red, 1 part grey. Blended in a coffee grinder. Since he lives in Merritt and was very specific about the color I figured it’s a fly worth tying up for the lakes I fish in that area of BC. Likely a while before I can give it a try.

ScottP

Quigley’s Paracripple (synth wing)

Tied here as a PMD; petrochemical byproduct is much easier for me to work with for the wing/wingpad than ungulate hair in smaller sizes.

hook - WFC Model 3 #16
thread - Veevus 8/0 yellow
shuck - Congo Hair brown
rib - x-small wire copper
abdomen - pheasant tail
thorax - Superfine dubbing PMD
wingpad/wing - Congo Hair shiner tan
hackle - ginger

Regards,
Scott

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts