What's in your vise?

ScottP

Egan’s Tubular Hopper

Pretty simple stuff; change color/size to suit your needs. Here’s the video if you’re interested.

hook - Dai Riki 075 #10
thread - UTC 140 yellow
body - Rainy Float Foam medium yellow
legs - medium rubber cornsnake
hackle(s) - grizzly
wing - Congo Hair shiner tan

Regards,
Scott

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister

P W Nymph (Pat's Weighted Nymph - Pat Barnes)

Hook - Mustad S80-3906/S82-3906B
Weight - Lead wire on shank
Thread - Black
Tail - Mallard flank fibers
Ribbing – Peacock herl
Body - Yellow floss
Thorax - Peacock herl
Wing case - Mallard flank fibers
Hackle - Tips from mallard flank feather

This nymph was created by Pat Barnes back in the 1950s

Jaydub

Everybody knows the Zug Bug. About 40 years ago my fly tying mentor showed us this variation. It has a separate abdomen and thorax and an unclipped wood duck wing. The tail is made from fibers cut from an area of a Peacock eye that I have not seen anyone else use.

Fly Flicker's Zug Bug

I wanted to give it a little movement, so I substituted chickabou/grizzly marabou for the tail. It has proven to be a very effective stillwater fly. I've been calling it a Zug Bugger.

Zug Bugger

DenWor54

As bad a caster as I am, I’d probably have to use 15lb test tippet to keep them from furling my leader but, damn, these skaters are cool. Thanks for posting them.

Regards,
Scott
Thanks Scott,
I use 13 lb flourocarbon for everything I have never had issues with twist. These patterns are size 6,8,10 and you are spot on if they were tied to 4x the turn your leader into a Bimini twist.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts