What's in your vise?

Ian Horning

Powerbait Entomologist
Pretty tough to go wrong with any of these in the summer months. I call these "Gram Nasties"- based on the lines of a song that got stuck in my head, and the name just stuck. The original pattern was tied on a size 14 jig hook with an oversized tungsten bead. These are 16s with more natural sized tungsten bead, and a flashy abdomen instead of dubbing. I really like to fish them when there's sunlight to reflect off of the flash and wings.

Colors go: Hare's Ear, Psycho Pearl, Psycho PMD, PMD

IMG_7428.jpg

ScottP

Cheech’s Moodah Poodah III

50126638342_471c270045_c.jpg

50125843278_40053dc99a_c.jpg

50126416236_960dbcf758_c.jpg

Can’t go fishing for westslopes without orange.

hook - WFC Model 28 #10
thread - UTC 140 fluoro orange
tag - UTC 140 chartreuse/UV resin
rib - Spanflex black (1/2 strand)
abdomen - Ice Dub hot orange
wing - deer hair bleached
head/overwing - 2mm foam orange
indicator - 1mm foam cerise
legs - medium rubber hot orange/black (Sharpie)

Regards,
Scott

MGTom

Living at the place of many waters
WFF Supporter
Pretty tough to go wrong with any of these in the summer months. I call these "Gram Nasties"- based on the lines of a song that got stuck in my head, and the name just stuck. The original pattern was tied on a size 14 jig hook with an oversized tungsten bead. These are 16s with more natural sized tungsten bead, and a flashy abdomen instead of dubbing. I really like to fish them when there's sunlight to reflect off of the flash and wings.

Colors go: Hare's Ear, Psycho Pearl, Psycho PMD, PMD

View attachment 247414
I crossed paths with a gentleman fishing a pattern like the top one about a week ago and he got a fish right behind me. Said it's his favorite this time of year also.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts