What's in your vise?

thesankers

Muddled Mak’s Cormrant

Added a little buoyancy to his neat, little fly.

hook - BVFT Dry #10
thread - Veevus 8/0 black
rib - medium tinsel Holo Red
body - peacock herl
wing - marabou black
head/collar - deer hair dyed black (1 Tbs Rit Dark Brown/1 cup water, overdyed with 1 Tbs Rit Black/1 cup water)

Regards,
Scott
A variant of your fly and Buzzy's leech with a muddler head fly- with Chartreuse instead of red, a tail and a couple of strands of glow in the dark flashabou. A promising addition to my new walleye box
DSCN1628.JPG

adamcu280

After realizing that I didn't have the right materials for Silver Surfers or Goldies, I made do with what I had and am quite happy with the results! The SRC seem to like them too.

Marabou and a couple of strands of flashy stuff for the tail, uv polar chenille for the body, and a cone head on a size 6 2546 Daiichi. A couple have a blood red chenille collar.

It's basically a super basic and flashy woolly bugger.

Edit: I waffled on posting these crude and simple flies as they are so bland compared to some of the works of art in this thread but you gotta start somewhere.

PXL_20201125_031128348.jpg

Last edited:

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister

I don't tie them with traditional materials but I like to substitute the microfibett tails with moose body hairs and the fluffy wing with z-lon or antron yarn

Using your imagination, there's more colors and color combinations that can be tied. Try using different materials such as pheasant and turkey tails.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts