Penny Muddler

50856173122_fa067de9cc_c.jpg

50856082301_0997653b80_c.jpg

50855362483_2b5bfc04f3_c.jpg

hook - Dai Riki 075 #10
tag/thread - single strand floss fire orange
rib - small wire copper
body - tinsel copper
body hackle - dyed copper orange (3 Tsp Rit Sunshine Orange, 1/4 Tsp Rit Tan, 1/4 Tsp Rit Purple/4 cups water)
shoulder - hen grizzly dyed copper orange
head/collar - pronghorn dyed copper orange

Regards,
Scott

Ian Horning

Powerbait Entomologist
And now for something completely different.

Articulated Sand Shrimp.
Although it looks mega poofy, it slims down on the move- which is tough to capture in a still image. So it looks bulkier than it fishes. That said it's still going to be somewhat of a burden to cast, but made good use of the ultra-fluffy parts of saddle hackles that aren't typically used for much.

Supposed to be a female with eggs, but with sand shrimp the sky's the limit on what colors to tie. Typically the ones I see are a rosy pink or orange with a white head and legs, so I matched that as best I could.

I've got a few beaches in mind with large mud flats closeby and huge numbers of shrimp. If nothing else it will be hilarious watching this giant shrimp creep back on the retrieve. Fly-watching is definitely an underrated aspect of streamer fishing :)

IMG_7986.jpg IMG_7991.jpg IMG_7992.jpg

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts