What's in your vise?

Zak

WFF Supporter
Fantastic evolvable technique. Certainly is an improvement over makflies technique of fixing only one leg group at a time with resin. Now if you pull the antron fibers horizontal over a nymph body made from tapered stretch cord, you have nice gills once fibers are trimmed short. Can even use a thin ribbon of a long fibers dubbing to get fuzzier gills. Horizontal fibers would make a nice Sow Bug.
This video is awesome. I didn't have any stretch magic cord, but was able to replicate the legs technique with some sparkle cord. My imitation needs work, but the leg method worked well and way easier than stuff I had tried before.
PXL_20210123_211453662.jpg

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
It's fun tying little flies! ;)

Tuna fly tied in my favored bucktail style on a 2/0 Ahrex Bluewater.

Dry:
sz4fZNn.jpg

Wet:
KJjAF4C.jpg

SilverFly

Do they ever key in on shrimp/krill? I’ve a thing for tying shrimp patterns.

I always have some krill patterns in my tuna box. Haven't had to resort to them yet, but they will definitely key on krill. In years past I've seen them puking up wads of big (2") krill. I tie mine on tuna live bait hooks.

Jake

I always have some krill patterns in my tuna box. Haven't had to resort to them yet, but they will definitely key on krill. In years past I've seen them puking up wads of big (2") krill. I tie mine on tuna live bait hooks.
I’ll tie up some of the shrimptruders I’ve been playing with. (Or would they be krilltruders?)

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts